Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, I just found this ice cube tray part falling off my ride, can't search any info regarding this part. Where's it suppose to be?

·
Registered
222 Posts
Is it from the back your side indicator (turn signal) light? Might be a piece of garbage you picked up on the road.

What part of your FJ did you find it on/under?

·
Registered
4,407 Posts
Not clear ... "I just found this ice cube tray part falling off my ride".

That would indicate you found it in the process of falling off, e.g. still partially attached to the vehicle.

Do you mean you found it on the ground somewhere, and assumed that it must have fallen off your vehicle?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Is it from the back your side indicator (turn signal) light? Might be a piece of garbage you picked up on the road.

What part of your FJ did you find it on/under?
Not clear ... "I just found this ice cube tray part falling off my ride".

That would indicate you found it in the process of falling off, e.g. still partially attached to the vehicle.

Do you mean you found it on the ground somewhere, and assumed that it must have fallen off your vehicle?
Hi all, I found it in the place marked below unattached when I was washing my car.

·
Registered
4,407 Posts
Pretty amazing 'catch' for something that large to miraculously get flung up off the road and end up captured on top of the skid plate. Regardless, crazy stuff happens ...

Nickgoh, can you post a photo of the opposite side of that part? I don't believe that is from your FJ, as it would have Toyota part number and revision level markings molded into the plastic frame.

Can you post a photo of the opposite side of the part? That might may help ID the part and the vehicle it came from. Is the gray stuff at the bottom of each 'ice-cube' recess a felt-like material? If so, the part looks like it might be a body-vent module, usually located under one of the vehicle's rear quarter panels. That's what keeps from pounding passenger eardrums when two doors are slammed shut simultaneously.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Caught on the engine skid plate just inside the wheel well?

Hmm, maybe picked it up off the road? 🤷🏻‍♂️
Pretty amazing 'catch' for something that large to miraculously get flung up off the road and end up captured on top of the skid plate. Regardless, crazy stuff happens ...

Nickgoh, can you post a photo of the opposite side of that part? I don't believe that is from your FJ, as it would have Toyota part number and revision level markings molded into the plastic frame.

Can you post a photo of the opposite side of the part? That might may help ID the part and the vehicle it came from. Is the gray stuff at the bottom of each 'ice-cube' recess a felt-like material? If so, the part looks like it might be a body-vent module, usually located under one of the vehicle's rear quarter panels. That's what keeps from pounding passenger eardrums when two doors are slammed shut simultaneously.
At first I thought i pick up some ice cube tray 😂,I have taken a few pictures of that part below

Marked "NL" , texture like car carpet. Two plastic rivet holding the white plastic and black/grey pc together.

PP-TD30

The white part feel like thin pvc/plastic and it's hollow at the back.

·
Registered
4,407 Posts
But no part numbers or other molded-in markings?

The ">PP-TD30< indicates the molded plastic frame is polypropylene reinforced with 30% talc.

I'm still sticking with the body vent theory - the 'carpet-like' material lets air slowly pass through, but keeps direct water spray out.

Something sort of similar from a '70's Camaro:
Body vent - 69 Camaro.JPG

·
Premium Member
12,897 Posts

·
Registered
4,407 Posts
Here is what the rear vents look like:

Yeah, that's what an FJ's body body vent looks like.

I'm saying that the thing the OP found on his skid plate is likely a body vent from some other make & model vehicle. If it was from a Toyota, it most likely would have had molded-in Toyota part numbers.

Here's the FJ's body vent, and where it's mounted in the left-rear quarter panel.

(That's my daughter, torquing the bolts on the OEM hitch.)
FJ19-daughtertorquingrearhitchbolts.jpg

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
I'm inclined to agree with @FJtest on this one.

My searches didn't turn up any images of anything that even closely resembled your part. It did however lead me to a ladies' clothing line that was a little disturbing (that's all I'll say on that)... :oops::oops:

It seems likely that ">PP-TD30<" is just a marking used to identify the material (for recycling?). Here's a couple other parts with the same marking:

The above is a computer control module

And this black one is from a Lancia bumper component.

Fun puzzle (y)(y)

·
Premium Member
395 Posts
I have three words for it: Throw. It. Away.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts