Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Banned
338 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm going to be buying a roof rack very shortly...but I can't decide on which one. Arb and All-Pro look nice and have good prices, where as Gobi's looks fantastic but is obscenely high priced...what would you guys go with?

·
Registered
489 Posts
If garage hieght isn't a concern, I'd get the ARB. If it is, spend the $ and get the Gobi.

·
Registered
3,712 Posts
I really like the looks of the Allpro when it is blacked out. Not as many people have the allpro, so you'll be a little more unique if that matters to you. For me it would be a toss up between allpro and the gobi ranger.

·
Banned
338 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I really like the looks of the Allpro when it is blacked out. Not as many people have the allpro, so you'll be a little more unique if that matters to you. For me it would be a toss up between allpro and the gobi ranger.
I think I'm going to go with the All-Pro, the Arb looks nice, but it dosen't have anywhere near the metal that the All-Pro does, and the Gobi is just wayyy over-priced for what it is.

·
Premium Member
333 Posts
I'm looking for a rack too. Factory rack is overdone and impractical. Gobi Stealth is real nice but expensive. So are others, nice design but too $. I am interested in the new BajaRack and have contacted them. My main concern with all of these is drving every day with a big rack installed. I like my FJ without monkey bars on top of it. I may just go with the Yakima, custom adapters, and a basket. That way I can take the setup off when not needed.

·
Registered
1,929 Posts
I would go with the Arb, but it all depends on what your using it for? the allpros look like you cant run straps under the rack? I might be wrong? I never really climbed up Terrys rig to check it out.

·
Banned
463 Posts
All-Pro capacity is like 150ish pounds and has to be shipped. ARB can be picked up locally and has over twice the capacity of the All-Pro. All-Pro is definitely unique but your lighting options are also limited. You'll still probably have to do with square lights on the ARB. I'm a big fan of ARB since my bumpers and am definitely going with the ARB full rack.

·
Registered
294 Posts
All-Pro capacity is like 150ish pounds and has to be shipped. ARB can be picked up locally and has over twice the capacity of the All-Pro. All-Pro is definitely unique but your lighting options are also limited. You'll still probably have to do with square lights on the ARB. I'm a big fan of ARB since my bumpers and am definitely going with the ARB full rack.
The 150 pound rating came from the factory load capacity of the roof. Since all the aftermarket racks mount to the roof in the same manner as factory they probably all exceed the factory rating.

JonB

·
Registered
1,371 Posts
I like the All Pro set up.

·
Banned
338 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I've decided on the Arb. Seems to be a much more pratical roof rack, cheaper, and I can get it locally. I also love how it has "FJ Cruiser' cut into the metal of it. And it supports more than the All-Pro and you can fit any lights you want on it :). On top of that my buddy has had NOTHING but problems with All-Pro so I'm trying to stay away from them...

·
Registered
285 Posts
I'm shopping for a rack too. Yesterday I went to the SoCal M&G and was able to check them out in person.

This is the Waag full rack prototype

Dom's ARB - tentless

mr.dirtchick checking it out up close

On top of that my buddy has had NOTHING but problems with All-Pro so I'm trying to stay away from them...
We've decided to go with the All-Pro. I've liked it since the day I saw pics of it. It was even better in person.

What kind of problems is your friend having?

·
Banned
338 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I'm shopping for a rack too. Yesterday I went to the SoCal M&G and was able to check them out in person.

This is the Waag full rack prototype

Dom's ARB - tentless

mr.dirtchick checking it out up close

We've decided to go with the All-Pro. I've liked it since the day I saw pics of it. It was even better in person.

What kind of problems is your friend having?

My friend ordered sliders from All-Pro about four months back...they never sent him the hardware and tried to charge him for it, took him 2 months of argueing with Terry to finally get them to credit him back, he had to threaten to do a charge back.

Then he bought Walker Evans shocks and A-Arms...took them about a month and a half to get the A-Arms out to him and the reservoir hardware was not included and to this day he has still not received it. So far, I am not impressed with All-Pro at all, and Terry from what I have heard from my friend, and numerous other FJers, is not a very good sales man.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts