Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
3,087 Posts
It looks to be a 3" lift, but you can't see enough of the suspension to determine the type or brand. I think that's a wheel/tire shop, so it might not even be a functional lift, just a photo op to display a wheel/tire combo. I've seen where some will even hide jackstands behind the wheels to give a lifted look while shooting pics of wheels and tires so who knows?

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the tire and wheel info, but you can see from my original post that I was inquiring about the LIFT. Any thoughts on how much or what kind he is running? Spacer? Coil over? Thanks.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It looks to be a 3" lift, but you can't see enough of the suspension to determine the type or brand. I think that's a wheel/tire shop, so it might not even be a functional lift, just a photo op to display a wheel/tire combo. I've seen where some will even hide jackstands behind the wheels to give a lifted look while shooting pics of wheels and tires so who knows?
Yeah I figured it would be hard to tell from a single side profile. Thought maybe the pic had been posted on the forum before and I couls track down the info. Thanks anyway for the help.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Looks almost stock height if you ask me...My OME lift is definitely higher than that...

·
Premium Member
7,676 Posts
:confused:

I thought he was asking about the lift.
some people may read... but don't comprehend :lol:

Looks almost stock height if you ask me...My OME lift is definitely higher than that...
definitely not stock... if it's stock, you'd see it a little lower in the front, at least that's what I noticed.

The way it fill the fenderwells, I say it's a 35" equivalent tire with a 3 inch lift.
No way to tell what type of lift unless you see components.
I was thinking the sam too, 35" tires, and a 3" lift.... good luck to the OP :bigthumb:

·
Premium Member
7,676 Posts
:lol::lol:

·
Registered
2008 Toyota Trail Teams Special Edition FJ Cruiser
2,468 Posts
why are you even asking this question? why does it matter what type/brand - based on that photo? (a 3" spacer lift would appear no different than a full 3" coilover/coil spring lift.)

I just don't see what you are getting at. If you want a lift you should be asking different questions entirely and actually looking at forum build pages or the suspension tech section for great information.

I could see asking height to get an approximation of looks/clearance...but you would HAVE to know what size tires it was running...which is a 'best guess' at most from the photo.

·
Registered
1,731 Posts
why are you even asking this question? why does it matter what type/brand - based on that photo? (a 3" spacer lift would appear no different than a full 3" coilover/coil spring lift.)

I just don't see what you are getting at. If you want a lift you should be asking different questions entirely and actually looking at forum build pages or the suspension tech section for great information.

I could see asking height to get an approximation of looks/clearance...but you would HAVE to know what size tires it was running...which is a 'best guess' at most from the photo.
What if he's 16 years old and this is his first car and he doesn't have a clue about lifts, coils or anything else. If you don't want to answer him you don't have to but you don't have to be a Richard about it. ...........:flame:

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
My main reason for posting the photo was that when I googled "FJ with lift" this was one of the first pics that came up, so I ASSUMED that at some point in time you all would have seen or known this specific ride and had some info. I thought that maybe since this is a global forum wwith 1000s of members that maybe this truck belonged to a regular member and you might provide me some info on his lift setup. Obviously this is not the case. I didnt ask you where the owner of the FJ went to high school or what he likes to do with his wife and kids on the weekends. Spare me the sarcastic responses.

·
Registered
2008 Toyota Trail Teams Special Edition FJ Cruiser
2,468 Posts
What if he's 16 years old and this is his first car and he doesn't have a clue about lifts, coils or anything else. If you don't want to answer him you don't have to but you don't have to be a Richard about it. ...........:flame:
I wasn't being sarcastic...I was merely asking the OP what the reason was for asking the question. What is the OP getting at basically.

My main reason for posting the photo was that when I googled "FJ with lift" this was one of the first pics that came up, so I ASSUMED that at some point in time you all would have seen or known this specific ride and had some info. I thought that maybe since this is a global forum wwith 1000s of members that maybe this truck belonged to a regular member and you might provide me some info on his lift setup. Obviously this is not the case. I didnt ask you where the owner of the FJ went to high school or what he likes to do with his wife and kids on the weekends. Spare me the sarcastic responses.

Well guess what - Google search for "FJ with Lift" is going to bring back all kinds of pictures. Just because its the first hit returned doesn't mean it has any merit or infamy that this forum would most certainly know about. Thats a pretty generic search that I would most likely never search for. I would be more specific (as I am on this forum) when looking for information.

I wasn't trying to be sarcastic at all. I am just asking you to tell us what information you are after and for what reason. With that known...we can all spew endless knowledge or reference of knowledge around this forum to multiple threads.

We all were newbies at one point. I am just trying to let you know - the better (more specific) questions you ask, the more helpful information you will receive.

And this IS the right place to ask questions.:bigthumb:

If you took it as sarcasim, I apologize.

·
Registered
876 Posts
Here's the thing...

...ANy thoughts on what size lift or type of lift...
Most "true lift kits" (not to be confused with suspension spacer kits or body lifts) for the FJ are full suspension lifts using essentially the same type of coil-over front assemblies and rear shock/spring assemblies. You will find the vast majority to be "3 inch" kits, while there are also some "6 inch" kits available.

To further simplify, 9 out of 10 3" coil-over lifts are essentially the same as far as most of us mortals will ever be able to tell.

This being said your query should really to yourself - "How much money do you want to spend, and what brand gives you the warm and fuzzies?"

A.W.D.

·
Premium Member
7,676 Posts
Guys I see what the OP is saying.. the FJ is fairly one of a kind, and he was probably wondering if we knew who the fellow pictured was..

1 - 20 of 24 Posts