Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
483 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok i thought id never post one of these lol but i have 600$ burning in my pocket,what should i buy???

i already have:
light bar, bull bar, skid plate, fog lights, tuffy security arm rest box thing,blacked out bumpers grill ect, train horns, ipod integration kit, cold air intake, trd exhaust

·
Registered
483 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
sounds like you need a lift. Save a couple hundred more and get a OME lift.
ahh id like to get one, but i promised myself id keep everything stock accept the wheels and tires i got for the winter, plus i couldnt fit in any parking garages in the city with my light bar if i got the lift LOL

·
Registered
71 Posts
I was going to suggest a roof rack or even a bumper but since you want to keep it stock maybe a scangauge II? Oh or you could get some sliders! P.S I'm totally jealous of your 600$ to burn.

·
Registered
151 Posts
no scangauge... aeroforce gauges

Attachments

·
Registered
185 Posts
Do you offroad at all? Here's some you may want to consider. Some aren't with keeping the vehicle "stock," but they won't hurt the value of the car.

1. Rear Lower Links (LCA's) and skids: This will mean going away from factory, but if you do a lot of wheeling, there is a good chance you will bend them eventually. I bent mine my first time wheeling, but got lucky and was able to snag a replacement for $25 from a fellow forum member. It will be the first thing I upgrade when I get a little more cash flow and its not winter though! If you don't want to affect your ride quality significantly from stock, I'd go with The Toyoutfitters, All Pro, or Man-a-Fre lower links, and some skids to protect them.

2. Rock rails- (couldn't see if yours has these already) You could even go with the Toyota ones. Even if you don't do a lot of wheeling, the stock rails will improve your aesthetics! FJ's look a little naked without rails, plus they will help keep you from bashing your doors in on the rocks and obstacles if you decide to hit the trails.

3. Recovery Gear- Only applies if you offroad. Overland has a pretty decent MLK day sale going though! I may snag a kit this weekend myself!

4. Bulbs- This was the first thing I swapped on mine because factory headlight and dome light bulbs suck! I hated the intensity and yellow tint of the headlights, and I couldn't see the point of spending the money on an HID conversion kit. You can pick up replacement Sylvanias at Wal-Mart for $30-50/pair, or you can spend a few bucks more and go with an offroad company. I got two pairs of PIAA Intense White bulbs for $40/pair and $15 shipping (figured shipping was the same price regardless of how many pairs I bought, and considering they were 40% off, why not snag an extra?), and I gotta say they worth the money and then some!! I can see much better, the beams are super bright and super white, and actually do really well in the snow and through dust. Lots of options for dome lights, but a number of company's, even your local auto zone or advanced auto parts, will have LED replacements that plug right into where your festoon bulbs do. Bulbs are cheap, easy to install, and were instant gratification and return on investment for me.

Just my $.02, but if you look up "the first $2000," there is a really good summary of the first mods to do if you're into offroading.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Buy a gold coin. Tape it to your dash, and in a few years you'll be able to buy another FJ with it.
Well played sir

$600 won't get crap worth of gold though

·
Registered
452 Posts
Buy a gold coin. Tape it to your dash, and in a few years you'll be able to buy another FJ with it.

Or, help somebody with the $600. Make a difference.
My hand is in the air...waving...can you see it? :clap: You can buy me a lift kit!

·
Registered
428 Posts
Even without a lift, get some good shocks. Fox, King, or Icon.

·
Registered
483 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
hahaha i like the ideas, the gauges sound and look sick
the only off roading i see is when it snows maybe twice a year here i go through mounds of snow, but thats it, i dont have the time to go on the beaches on long island here any more, but the recovery gear is something ive wanted for a while, since i have no need for a winch
i want a gobi or baja rack but i gotta save up an extra 900 for one

i forgot to add i got piaa xtreme white bulbs the day after i got the fj a few years back,

as for the gold, ive got a butt load of that and silver put away haha

and old geezer :rofl:

·
Registered
483 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
im gunna look up that first 2k$
as for shocks i would actually like something thats even softer than stock, like what my land cruiser has lol

·
Registered
4,824 Posts
Sliders: Trail Gear for $250 and also work as a step
Lift: Without going into a full lift you can level your truck for $100

OK so I am biased. These two mods have made a big difference to me on and off road.

·
Registered
483 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
i think i could use the sliders, im considering the leveling kit i hate bending over or sticking my head out the window when at a red light LOL

1 - 15 of 15 Posts