Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

61 - 73 of 73 Posts

·
トヨタ Master
7,706 Posts
Which tire? How much lift? BMC?

I've got a stock TRD with a 1" front level and 16's and I was wondering if the 285/75/16 trail grapplers would rub without a BMC...
It's all about offset and width. The wider the wheel, the closer the tire comes to the body mount. They should fit on stock wheels without rubbing.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Just got some new Ridge Grapplers, 285/75r17:rocker: Don't know how i feel about the slightly narrower width, but the overall height of the tire looks good.
Do you have a BMC? Trying to determine what I can fiasco if I went to this size with a 2 inch lift and adjustable SPC UCA.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Do you have a BMC? Trying to determine what I can fiasco if I went to this size with a 2 inch lift and adjustable SPC UCA.
I have the Icon 3"+- set up with UCAs (stage 2), and I do have the BMC. I do not know if they would fit without the BMC, but I am also running 1.25" spidertrax as well. With a clean BMC, I don't feel like there is any negative reasons not to do it, but i do understand why some are against it.

·
Premium Member
2,022 Posts
I also have the 285-75 . in the stt pro . 3 inch lift 1.25 spidertrax stock wheels . They work Great . But i am Kicking myself for not going with a wider tire . Easy fix though .

·
Premium Member
1,957 Posts
No fiasco, you will most likely need a body mount chop. I have this same tire and size. Fox's are set at about 2 in of lift and I had SPC UCA and now Total Chaos. No issues with either UCA. Get the alignment guy to get your caster closer to 4.

·
Premium Member
726 Posts
Someone say tires...39.5/12.5/16.5 on military Humvee double bead locks

Attachments

·
Premium Member
726 Posts
Looks like someone stole your wheel locks FJ4 lol

nah, they were in my pocket. The picture was a work in progress. wish the tires looked that good now, they are expensive.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Anyone running method 105 ?

17x9”
Offser : -38mm
Backspace 3.5 “

Will fit without rubbing??

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
110 Posts
You might want to try a 2" leveling/lift before going for a BMC.
Thank you I haven't done the chop yet - She's getting a 3" next week and then we'll see. I want to go to 35's next year think and leave it there. :laugh

61 - 73 of 73 Posts