Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
couple questions, which suspension lift to go with and what kind of tire to run on my stock rim? After a weekend of off -roading in my stock FJ I learned a few things, one I need more ground clearance and two I need some type of terrrain tires. I have been doing a little research and have found that I don't wanna go 6" although it would look nice, I think that is too high for what I am doing. The 3"rough country or the 3"skyjacker?? Seem similar....So if anyone has any input please tell...Now for the main question? Can I still run my stock rims or should I buy new ones?? (they seem fine, other than looks, why change them) What kind of tire and how big?? It says 33" tires will fit(285's) Will pro comp X-terrains work with my stock rim if so what size do I need to get? Please be kind I am new to the whole off-road lifestyle, I have been into street racing and euro-tuning so this is all new to me.

·
Registered
85 Posts
I'm partial to OME. OME designed it custom for the FJ, rather than adapting a setup from a different vehicle. Rides better than stock IMO.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts