Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In all the pictures they have BF Goodrich All-Terrain T/A tires, which look like a decent choice. I hope they don’t use the same tires that came on my last 2 trucks, 2001 Tacoma with TRD Off Road package and 2005 Tundra also with TRD Off Road Pkg, BF Goodrich Rugged-Trail T/A’s. On both trucks the tread looks decent at 12K but the handling drops off badly (hydroplaning, loss of traction) and it’s just not aggressive enough for the FJ.

·
Official Field Agent
1,146 Posts
based on how manufacturers work and from the pre-production pics we have seen floating around i would guess that the base model and 2wd will probably have the long trails with the 4x4 and maybe certain options triggering the ATs. personally i dont really care which it comes with as i would be changing the tires (and wheels if i happen to get one that came with the bling rims somehow). Black steel wagon wheels and BFG MTs for me.

it would be nice to see a tires option (independent from other packages/trim levels) available from the stealership, but i doubt it will happen.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Not sure what they will use, but this is a perfect place to rant about my favorite A/T tire, it's Bridgestone's Dueler A/T Revo.

I had them on my last 4Runner and I could not believe how good they were compared to all the other tires I've used (Goodyear, BF Goodrich, Pirelli). They have amazing on/off road performance, super quite, long lasting, and even great in snow. My personal opinion is they are the best truck/suv tires for those of us that want both great on/off road performance, which is hard to find. Don't just believe me though, go to tirerack.com and check out the ratings and user reviews.

Please Toyota if you are listening consider the Bridgestone over BF Goodrich, it will be another way to make the FJ Cruiser stand above the crowd.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I replace the Rugged-Trail T/A’s with Revo's on the Tacoma and it was like getting a new truck. I would love to see them on the FJ.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts