Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited by Moderator)
Seen Prototype TJ Cruiser just a bit ago and I must say,, Dude,,This must be what drugs do to you!! Come on Toyota, You can do better than that! Ill Keep the FJ thanks..

Toyota Tj Cruiser Reinvents the Van - Motor Trend

I own an FJ and a Sienna (for Wifey and kids) and this thing is something I would not want in my driveway! I cant believe they would include the Cruiser name on this thing. UHGGG..

Attachments

·
Registered
2,504 Posts
Re: WHAT??? TJ Cruiser?? WTF

Honestly, this is could be the next big thing in expedition vehicles. IF Toyota makes it body on frame and IF Toyota gives it a decent powertrain and IF they make it easy to work on, these things might fly off the lots. A hybrid engine would be a tremendous improvement to make off-roading and especially overlanding economical because the gas engine could sit at idle while the electric motors drive the tires with way more available torque. The amount of stuff you can fit in a van would be a great improvement over our FJs right now. I personally would consider buying one and keeping the FJ as a crawler while this would be my every day vehicle. Let's make vans cool again :FRO::rocker::grinbiginvert:

·
トヨタ Master
6,394 Posts

I think my '99 Subaru SUS has more clearance than that thing. It looks like it could get a person to the trailhead tho...:lol:

"Toolbox" "Joy" ??? I'm guessing it was supposed to be the next Scion XB but Toyota scrapped Scion so....:shrug03:

·
I Have a V-8!! Moderator
28,837 Posts

Honestly, this is could be the next big thing in expedition vehicles. IF Toyota makes it body on frame and IF Toyota gives it a decent powertrain and IF they make it easy to work on, these things might fly off the lots. A hybrid engine would be a tremendous improvement to make off-roading and especially overlanding economical because the gas engine could sit at idle while the electric motors drive the tires with way more available torque. The amount of stuff you can fit in a van would be a great improvement over our FJs right now. I personally would consider buying one and keeping the FJ as a crawler while this would be my every day vehicle. Let's make vans cool again :FRO::rocker::grinbiginvert:
I'd seriously think about making vans cool again if Toyota made this 4x4 Sienna/Tacoma beast. All I'd need is the "Free Candy" graphic on the side. >:D

·
4-Corners Moderator
4,875 Posts

Yeah I don't mind them making a new concept vehicle but why on earth would they name it a TJ Cruiser? They even used the same font for the "Crusier"... It is not even close to being like a Land Cruiser OR FJ Cruiser.

On a side note, I was surprised recently to see how many people in the Land Cruiser off-road community do not accept the FJ Cruiser as a part of the Land Cruiser family. I mean yeah it isn't a LC but I feel an FJ Cruiser is a whole lot closer to the original FJ40s than a 200 Series Land Cruiser (aka super luxury street only SUV).

·
Registered
2,776 Posts

Similar with the FT-x, they should just name it something different instead of referring it to past models (that may or may not have anything to do with their current concept, like Scion). I guess Toyota is trying to establish brand cohesiveness in their line?? Exterior wise, Yota's new trucks and passenger cars are looking more like a single family with sharp lines of headlights/taillights, utilizing the same technology across the models to some extent.

@FJX2000 side note: it's just that elitist attitude that they spent $30k more for their LC. I've seen many a lc200 outfitted with the gear but no scratches. That being said, I do wheel with some lc200 and they're a great bunch. Some do have that chip in their shoulder though.

·
Registered
2,504 Posts

@FJX2000 side note: it's just that elitist attitude that they spent $30k more for their LC. I've seen many a lc200 outfitted with the gear but no scratches. That being said, I do wheel with some lc200 and they're a great bunch. Some do have that chip in their shoulder though.
Sounds like the same attitude my 4Runner friend has towards Jeeps... Can't we all just get along? :cheers:

·
Registered
2,776 Posts

Sounds like the same attitude my 4Runner friend has towards Jeeps... Can't we all just get along? :cheers:
Agreed :cheers: I'll wheel with anyone as long as their heart is in the right place.

·
I Have a V-8!! Moderator
28,837 Posts

It looks like a BruzerCruzer.

·
Desert Moderator
6,034 Posts

There's already a cruiser that does that - it's called the troopy.
Maybe this is a modern reincarnation of the troopy? - not that the 70 series Troopy isn't still a thing...

·
Desert Moderator
6,034 Posts

Yeah I don't mind them making a new concept vehicle but why on earth would they name it a TJ Cruiser? They even used the same font for the "Crusier"... It is not even close to being like a Land Cruiser OR FJ Cruiser.

On a side note, I was surprised recently to see how many people in the Land Cruiser off-road community do not accept the FJ Cruiser as a part of the Land Cruiser family. I mean yeah it isn't a LC but I feel an FJ Cruiser is a whole lot closer to the original FJ40s than a 200 Series Land Cruiser (aka super luxury street only SUV).
Well they're wrong.
The FJ is based on the J150 platform which is from the LANDCRUISER 150 Prado (Also Lexus variant & T4R)
LC200 is a bonafide offroader, even more so than the Range Rover, but most will never see dirt unfortunately.
There's plenty of LC200s out in the dunes here, and they're pretty popular offroad in Australia as well.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts