Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2007 FJ with 155,000 miles on it. its had good maintenace, replaced suspension once. replaced AC. Normal wear and tea.r 6 Speed Manual with AWD as well as low ranges and locking rear diff. So trying to decide whether to keep it/sell it or trade for a New Subaru Outback. on a lease..... I amd 74 and retired. Don't put more than 8-10 K miles on a car anymore, but the FJ is hard for my wife to get in and out of and similar aged friends cant sit in the back seat to go to the movies with us.............. What do you guys think?? and What do you think I can get for it private sale or trade in??

Premium Member
@drtimboone

How long you had the FJ?

I'm there.. Got Smittybilt steps for the wife. They are not rock rails! https://www.amazon.com/Smittybilt-T0654FJ-2006-16-Cruiser-Textured/dp/B001CEXT7O/ref=sr_1_1?keywords=smittybilt+running+boards+fj+cruiser&qid=1575136559&sr=8-1

Retired now also, Jade is not longer a daily driver. She gets out at least once a week. We both love the off road rides we do. If you don't look forward to getting away like that, sell the FJ. 馃槓 The Subaru would be great

Keep the FJ, get the Subaru for regular driving. We still put on lots of miles, we love to drive, we just save Jade for the really good stuff.

Good luck,
Lee

Registered
Discussion Starter #3
@drtimboone

How long you had the FJ?

I'm there.. Got Smittybilt steps for the wife. They are not rock rails! https://www.amazon.com/Smittybilt-T0654FJ-2006-16-Cruiser-Textured/dp/B001CEXT7O/ref=sr_1_1?keywords=smittybilt+running+boards+fj+cruiser&qid=1575136559&sr=8-1

Retired now also, Jade is not longer a daily driver. She gets out at least once a week. We both love the off road rides we do. If you don't look forward to getting away like that, sell the FJ. 馃槓 The Subaru would be great

Keep the FJ, get the Subaru for regular driving. We still put on lots of miles, we love to drive, we just save Jade for the really good stuff.

Good luck,
Lee
Thanks Lee I bought it new in 2007. I put the Smittybilt step on too but it really doesn't help her much. it is hard for her to step up that high. a replaced hip, etc. I think I can lease a Subaru for about $299 month for 3 years if I can get 9-10K for the FJ

Registered
Quality used FJs are in high demand. The 6 spd manual is much harder to find and may bring a premium if sold on a 4x4 site like this one (maybe more than the $10K you need). I kept my built 2007 and bought a Forester for highway trips. I love the improved gas milage. My parents bought an Outback with eyesight and love it. A Forester with eyesight might be another option for you. I hate to see you leave the FJ family, but I know that if you sell yours, someone else will get an opportunity to enjoy the FJ life... esp. since they are no longer being made in the US. If you decide to sell yours, make sure you list it here first.

Registered
Subarus are good vehicles. I am frequently surprised how far back into what I consider 4WD roads I see some AWD Subies.

I would get a vehicle that suits your lifestyle (e.g. that your wife can climb into and you can transport friends).

1 - 9 of 9 Posts