Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,571 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First of all, I cant wait. I finished setting up my trip yesterday and am looking forward to getting out of the HEAT here in Austin for a few days. I am also looking forward to meeting quite a few of you. I am sure that much of the info requested below is here somewhere but centralizing it is appreciated.

I understand that registration is Wednesday, trail runs Thursday, Friday, & Saturday, and a party/dinner Saturday night.

Can someone elaborate on what to expect other than that.

By that I mean do the vendors/sponsors set up booths to be able to visit with them about their products and to purchase their stuff?

Are parties set up for each night or is it just a party everywhere?

What activities are arranged if any for kids? I understand there is a raffle for kids but not sure about anything else.

Any more info is appreciated.

See ya in Ouray!
:cheers:

·
Registered
945 Posts
Yes, a general itinerary of sorts would be nice, but I understand everyone involved is busy.

Needless to say, I too am very excited, and can hardly wait to hit the road.

·
Premium Member
6,177 Posts
The Prep Guide has a draft schedule of events (it's really really close to the final version in the event guide, which is subject to change, of course).
2008 FJ Summit Preparation Guide - FJC Magazine: For FJ Cruiser Owners & Enthusiasts

For parties, usually after dinner & the other organized activities people just hang out. Many go back to their hotels & hang out w/people there as well. Last year the Box Canyon was the party central, can't wait to see how much fun we have this year.

18 days!!!!

·
Registered
838 Posts
:bigthumb:does Ouray have a liquer store in town or do I have to bring my own Makers Mark?:bigthumb:

·
Premium Member
3,571 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Do Vendors/Sponsors set up booths to sell stuff?

·
Premium Member
9,043 Posts
:bigthumb:does Ouray have a liquer store in town or do I have to bring my own Makers Mark?:bigthumb:
They have two on Main Street, but you should always BYOB to share :cheers:

·
Premium Member
9,043 Posts
They didn't last year, but I understand there will be a Vendor's Row this year. I'm sure that any Vendor in attendance would be glad to take orders.

·
Registered
3,510 Posts
It is my understanding that there will be an area with vendors tables.

Springtail will be taking the mobile route, we will be out giving stuff away...on the trails and in the parking lots.

http://www.fjcruiserforums.com/forums/national-summit-discussion/63942-springtail-mpac-summit-giveaway.html

We will also have lots of combos with us and some specials only for Summiteers. Just look for the TRD with this on the back...we will fix you up!!!

Doc

·
Premium Member
8,984 Posts
I know lots of folks are arriving early and hitting non-Summit trails and trails they aren't signed up for. Are these trail-runners going to be gathering anywhere in particular the mornings of Mon, Tues, Wed or just heading out in their own little private groups ?

·
Premium Member
3,571 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
This is some good info already. I know if I see a black TRD with the words "We will fix you up" on the back what to do.

Any other vendors with booth info, raffle info, give away info, or any other info?

Any info on stuff for kids?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts