Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey everyone, new guy here from New Hampshire. I currently drive an X-Runner (co-owner/moderator on XRU.com, come check it out!) and have never been involved with a 4WD vehicle before so I'm looking for a little halp. I'm in the market for an FJ because my fiance is obsessed with them. The more I see them the more I fall in love with them as well. What I was hoping to pull from this thread is knowledge about common problems with these trucks. Any major mechanical issues that you see a bunch of members complain about. Unfortunately I don't have hours upon hours to read through all the threads here so I was hoping you guys could just summarize the big bullet items. What should I look for? Thanks in advance for your help :bigthumb:

·
Premium Member
1,634 Posts

·
Registered
4,384 Posts
Had mine since I bought it new in 08 and have had no complaints or problems. Greetings and salutations. Nice X-runner.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the links. Much appreciated.

Anybody else?:thinkerg:

·
Premium Member
7,676 Posts

·
Registered
10,440 Posts
welcome... sounds like your fiance is a winner.

·
Premium Member
6,589 Posts
Howdy!

No problems here, but I don't do heavy off road, just rural living. Although, some of the roads around here have potholes that should qualify for off roading....

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thread revival!!! We're going to be in the market in the coming month or 2....anything else guys? Any members selling in the New England area? We'd prefer to go with a TT but I know those aren't easy to come by.

·
Premium Member
6,611 Posts
check craigslist and of course the want to sell boards here.

·
Registered
2,487 Posts
Aloha from Cali! I think the fender bulges were an issue for 07's, shouldn't be for later models.

·
Premium Member
9,302 Posts
Can you elaborate?
Assuming addressing Toyota's change to LAN, though I thought only the stereo head unit utilized.

But I'm assuming.

·
Registered
833 Posts
Can you elaborate?
That I have noticed so far-

09 and previous have a secondary horn wiring harness built in, ready to plug and play. Gone on 10+

At least on the 11's the wire harness for the subwoofer is only present if you purchase the sub package from the dealer. On older models the wiring was there sub or not, ready to tap into for a extra cigarette lighter, inverter, etc.

I havent yet seen anyone successfully disable the seatbelt alarm on a 10+. Have to go to dealership for this one now.

The 10s moved the oil filter back to the bottom of the engine and changed to cartridge filters.

None of these are dealbreakers, just like I said, annoying.

·
Registered
2,429 Posts
nice X-runner.....you'll love the FJ....TT's cost more but are tite...

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I havent yet seen anyone successfully disable the seatbelt alarm on a 10+. Have to go to dealership for this one now.
Passenger or driver? We always wear our seatbelts anyway, but if there's an alarm on the passenger seat that is pressure sensitive I could see the becoming annoying.

Thanks for all the feedback guys, much appreciated :bigthumb:

1 - 20 of 29 Posts