Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

What Trails Are You Running?

4K views 28 replies 19 participants last post by  Firemedic831 
#1 ·
Here is my schedule, and with this I will be leading the Friday and Saturday runs.

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
Here's mine. Imogine, BB, and Poughkeepsie, all at the earliest available times. Hope the coffee/chocolate/ice cream place is open early this year (last year we had to settle for hotel coffee:crying). Can't wait to see everyone!

Attachments

#3 ·
I signed up for a few....

Attachments

Reactions: FJX2000
#5 ·
Excited for my first Summit and relatively new to wheeling. I'm on a stock 2014 TTUE setup. What do you guys think about my selection? Would anyone recommend 'California Pass & Corkscrew Gulch' over The Gulches?

Thursday Trail Run: The Gulches at 07:45 AM
Friday Trail Run: Alpine Loop (Engineer and Cinnamon Passes) at 08:00 AM
Saturday Trail Run: Imogene Pass to Ophir Pass at 08:20 AM

#6 ·
Good choice for your first time.
Keep the Gulches, with Alpine Loop and Gulches you will be fine.
Alpine Loop is a full day on the trail so be prepared with water and snacks

Hopefully you have skid plates, there are a few places you will want them. Otherwise those trails are good.

Have fun

#8 ·
Your Current Trail Selection
Wednesday Night Run: Not Selected Yet
Thursday Trail Run: Imogene Pass Photo Trail at 09:50 AM
Thursday Night Run: Not Selected Yet
Friday Trail Run: The Gulches at 06:45 AM
Saturday Trail Run: Poughkeepsie Gulch at 09:20 AM

Would really kill to do Black Bear, when I ran solo last September I didn't have the guts to do that solo. Doing Poughkeepsie since I wanna challenge myself at the wall. Gulches is the one I'm not sure we actuallly ran before so it seems interesting. So freaking stoked.

Also for folks who are looking, Mineral Creek is surprisingly challenging. I ran it solo and should have had a spotter as it can be a little slippery in spots. Def a good one to do..(well they all are).

If any night runs open up or the Demello run opens up, any way to get on that list? I'm not showing up to baby my baby, I wanna GO GO GO!

#16 · (Edited)
I am leading all 3 of my trails:

Thursday Trail Run: Imogene Pass to Ophir Pass at 06:20 AM (DubstepPear looks like you are on my run!)
Friday Trail Run: California Pass and Corkscrew Gulch at 07:10 AM
Saturday Trail Run: Black Bear Pass to Ophir Pass at 07:00 AM

If you are on my runs, feel free to PM (Or Email: Tstorm @ gmail . com)

#17 ·
OOOOHHHHH went in to copy my runs and wed night run opened!!! YAY now I have to change my volunteer work for wed night and maybe the all womens Imogene run as that is now my night run.

Attachments

Reactions: debFJVT
#18 ·
I’ll be leading the Imogene Women’s run, so I’ll see you then if you don’t swap. I’m also leading the Imogene night run on Thursday - that trail is entirely different in daylight vs night...definitely not a repeat experience! Great trail :wink

#19 ·
This will be my first summit, as well as my first trail experience. Making it a family affair with the wife and kids. Gonna definitely be soaking in the info on registration day when they do the 4x4 101 session. When I got registered, I was so focused on the primary registration that I didn't have my ducks in a row for trail selection.

Given my first timer status, any recommendations on making the most of my Summit experience. Or a good order of trails to do. I have watched quite a few videos on the trails, some of those shelf roads may cause some heart failure in our vehicle..lol.

Anyways, here is my schedule. I targeted the "easy" trails. Definitely open to suggestions. Avoided night runs completely.

Thursday: Alpine Loop 9:00am
Friday: California and Corkscrew 8:40am
Saturday: Imogene to Ophir Pass 8:50am.

Also how does a photo trail differ from a regular trail? Just stops for photos? Imogene Pass photo trail open on Saturday, could switch to that if recommended.

Thanks.

#20 ·
There aren't any hard trails at the Summit baring rain at Poughkeepsie. More of an ability to get over the fear of the edge.

I think you have done well on trail selection. You go over Engineer pass on the Alpine loop and it will get you preprared for the other two runs. Imogene is by far the most beautiful drive you will most likely ever do, but coming down corkscrew and seeing Red Mountain is pretty spectacular.

Listen to your trail leader, if you have a question or you don't understand something ask. There are not any questions that shouldn't be asked. Forget about the shelf roads, by the time you are done on Saturday they will look like parking meters to you. Old hat.

Watch the lines the truck ahead of you takes, follow them until you are comfortable. Never hesitate to take other lines, as that is how you learn what you and your truck is capable of.

Have fun and soak in as much of the area as possible.

Photo trails are normally the last run of the day on that trail. A little slower pace, but sometimes other groups come up behind them and the pace picks up. Some of our jeep friends can be a little pushy at times. I would stay with the regular group. Sometimes the Photo runs take a lot more time.

#23 ·
Yeah, a co-worker son is a walk on. As far as conditioning goes will be a night and day difference. Like last year some guys not visiting the weight room at all. Tough schedule, but really got the guy needed to turn the program into a competitive one at the top of the conference in the future.

#24 ·
Totally agree, just hope some give him time. I am on Husker board and some are saying we will have 9-10 wins this season. I don't think it is impossible, but that type of pressure does not help a staff overcoming a culture that has been bad for 10 years or so. I am very excited to see how things go, but I am not expecting anything.. If it takes 5 years to return to being relevant I am fine with it as long as it happens and we see it improving game to game.

He knows how to win and has done it consistently, he will get the talent and coach them up I feel certain.

GBR

#26 · (Edited)
Leading the Imogene night run Thursday and the Ladies run on Imogene Friday :grin Had some stickers made to commemorate, as requested by the badass women drivers in one of my ladies runs last year. I had enough made for the Saturday Ladies run as well :wink

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.