Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
2,234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is how my trip broke down...not as bad as I expected!

Fuel: $1267.76
Lodging: $616.09
Food: $386.09
Misc: $125.34

Total: $ 2395.28

Thats not as bad as I thought it would be. Plus, that was for about 2 weeks of vacation. Time to start saving again for 2009! hehe

·
FJ Expeditions R Us
4,084 Posts
I'm not going to add my costs up! It may ruin the great memories!!!

cheers,

dale

·
Registered
838 Posts
worth every penny, will do it again next year, regardless of gas prices

·
Registered
1,744 Posts
Worked out pretty good for my wife and I as the economic stimulis check rolled in why we were at the summit. The way I figure it. I stimulated the economy of about 11 states as we passed through them on our way to and from the summit and Moab buying gas for the FJ.

·
Registered
4,335 Posts
This is how my trip broke down...not as bad as I expected!

Fuel: $1267.76
Lodging: $616.09
Food: $386.09
Misc: $125.34

Total: $ 2395.28

Thats not as bad as I thought it would be. Plus, that was for about 2 weeks of vacation. Time to start saving again for 2009! hehe
It's pretty amazing that half the expense of your vacation was in fuel. Sign of the times, and they are a changin'.

·
Registered
851 Posts
The whole thing was pretty expensive for me. Gas, room for three nights that was only used one, registration that didn't get used at all, not even for meals, and one dysfunctional relationship that lasted 362 days.

·
Registered
452 Posts
I'm with w5wi, I don't even want to total up what I spent...especially with a blown diff on Hells Revenge.

I'd rather savor the memories of people coming through and helping out, having the best come out from the best i.e.; support and help in getting out of Hells Revenge, people having a $600 rear diff as a spare part and lending it to you without hesitation, constant offers for rides when me and my dad are walking around in Ouray, Alpine Off Road and the parts guy Tyrell at the Toyota dealership in Montrose, people FJer's helping pull a quad out of a 150 ft. ravine, help pulling out another blown diff on one of Ourays trails and replacing air2airs axles on the trail...good people coming together doing good things....PRICELESS!!!

Will I do it again? "YOU BETCHA":rocker::clap::cheers::bigthumb:

·
Premium Member
6,865 Posts
1 GAS - ???? still afraid to look..

2 Lodging - $200

3 Food - less than $100

4 Misc - I bought some stickers.. $3ish

I barely made it through the summit :lol:
Not bad Dom. I just added up my gas and it came in around $750, not sure on the rest.

·
Registered
3,661 Posts
The whole thing was pretty expensive for me. Gas, room for three nights that was only used one, registration that didn't get used at all, not even for meals, and one dysfunctional relationship that lasted 362 days.
OUCH! Sorry to hear about that. Looks like we'll have to make it up for you next year...or sooner if you make it out to Katemcy Rocks!

·
Registered
851 Posts

·
Registered
201 Posts
Room: $560. But then again, I live only 3/4 of a tank of gas from the Summit!:clap:

1 - 20 of 52 Posts