Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am doing some planning for the summit, can anyone tell me
what the registration fees etc. were last year?

·
Registered
427 Posts
If I remember correctly I think it was a hundred bucks or so (and worth every penny). Had a blast the last two years and headed back that way this year! Great even with great people, and very well organized. Just fyi I think few of us from Texas are probably heading up to Moab before the summit if you are interested. :wave:

·
Registered
2,757 Posts
The fee for the 2010 Summit is really just a token amount ($150 for the driver and $25 for each passenger 12 and older, free for 11 and younger). The organizers do all the leg work for assembling trail leaders and registering trails with the proper authorities. There were two dinners (one by sponsors and one by the Summit Group), plus Metal Tech invited everyone to the Western Hotel for appetiters and a chance to share tales of trails. There is a raffle on Saturday night ($1 per chance and the prizes are fabulous). There is a kids raffle (all the kids win) that is paid for by the Summit. Vendors have many things for sale, but more importantly, they are a great source for help, suggestions and instruction. Shane and FJ Magazine is there to record the whole thing. T2Cruiser's wife Kristen (K2) takes millions of photographs and shares with everyone.

The village of Ouray truly opens their arms to the FJ Group. We bring our families and have a wonderful relation with the local residence. Last year we gave $1000 to the Ouray Rescue, $1000 to the Fire Department, $1000 for Scholarships ($500 to one boy and one girl), and $500 (maybe it was $1000) to the Ouray Police.

You cannot find a more budget friendly outing than the Summit. Oh I forgot, FJ'ers are the greatest people to be with. I guarantee that you will receive an FJ wave, and/or high beam flick.

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Just getting my ducks in a row, wasn't questioning the validity of the fee or what is done with the money or the relative value or anything like that, just getting ready that is all.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts