Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,355 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here I am now in Dallas airport reflecting on the event and relaxing a bit.

This year I got to interact with so many more people than last year. The event was just as much a gathering as a reunion of sorts for me. These are good, good people that gather in Ouray, and I really am honored to know such a great group. We are not your typical 4wheeling community - something very unique has occurred here - and I'm very happy to be part of it

So for me this year - it was about having a lot of fun with some very genuine people that I have a lot of respect for.

Thanks

·
Premium Member
551 Posts
For me the Summit was all about hanging out with friends and meeting new ones. Also meeting in person the people you talk to on the forum. I got to visit with Mom, Mike, Vince, Lance, the whole Trail Team, Dale & Shirley, Jake & Rebecca, Dan... wow there is just not enough room to list them all. I also got to meet in person friends I made on the forum. Todd, Caveman, Tim, Miss FJ, Tennessee & Mrs Tennesse Squire... once again the list is long. I wanted to meet more people Saturday afternoon but I got tied up on a project. Running trails with everyone is awesome too. Eating together, hanging out, a great raffle, all in beautiful Ouray, Colorado. Can it get any better? I know I left out a lot of people. The photos and memories will last me till next year! MT

·
Registered
6,020 Posts
Seeing people from last year. Meeting new people from other places, meeting people I talk with online. Those were the main things.

But seeing what people have done to their FJs, stuff I may do... Checking tire/wheel combos, seeing new products...

I got to meet so many cool dogs. What can I say, the best years of my life were shared with a dog!

Thanks again all for your hard work.

B

·
Premium Member
7,734 Posts
First of all it was definitly about the people. I met so many fun and cool folks my freakin head was spinning. The Location was a close second. It was seriously the most beautiful place I have ever been. I'll take that over hawaii any day. The trail runs were awesome, black bear was a little hairy but sooo worth it. the food was pretty darn good, the venders were awesome, I think I have a whole new wardrobe now as well as so much other schwag I could barely fit it in my truck. Thanks for all you folks do to put this on. I will see you all again next year!!

·
Premium Member
908 Posts
I also met up with old friends and made new ones,I had lots of extra time to hang out and shoot the breeze.I learned and got great advice,ideas from the awesome people at the summit.I also saw just a small sample of the time and effort the summit team has to do in order to pull it all off,again hats off to the summit team.I hope to see everyone again.

·
FJ Expeditions R Us
4,084 Posts
Jason and others above, you are so right about the people and the feeling of belonging and family! The Summit brings together old friends, casual acquaintenances and a host of new folks to get to know and share the joy with!

Thanks to you and all who work so hard to make sure we all have a great time!

And, yes, I was very pleased that you guys were much more relaxed than last year! I could see that you were really enjoying yourself!

Thanks Montana for the kind words. We especially enjoyed meeting you and your dad and sharing some time with you. See you next year if not before!!!

cheers,

dale

·
Premium Member
1,800 Posts
Here I am now in Dallas airport reflecting on the event and relaxing a bit.

This year I got to interact with so many more people than last year. The event was just as much a gathering as a reunion of sorts for me. These are good, good people that gather in Ouray, and I really am honored to know such a great group. We are not your typical 4wheeling community - something very unique has occurred here - and I'm very happy to be part of it

So for me this year - it was about having a lot of fun with some very genuine people that I have a lot of respect for.

Thanks

I knew some folks from online last year, and it was cool meeting them. And the Ouray area itself was also great.

This year, I found myself cementing bonds: knowing that I'd look up various people were I in their neck of the woods. It was also about cameraderie - knowing just how far so many of us would go to help out a (forum) friend & comrade in need. I was inspired by this. And, I suppose, lastly, it was about my own personal confidence in myself as a driver and with my vehicle. I know where the limits are much better now - and I know that I rarely approach them.

Moreover, this year was about watching the event itself. You guys are AWESOME. What you've managed to put together it amazing. And my mom, who has made a living organizing events, agrees.

The small thing we could offer as tribute Saturday evening was nothing to what you all have done for us.

BTW, If you still want to contribute to the "donate to the forum organizers' fund", PM me. We're at 2000+ now, would love to triple that so that each of the organzers can afford someting nifty from our vendors.

spin

·
Premium Member
3,257 Posts
As I sit here this morning at work (browsing the forum, when I should be catching up on a week's worth of e-mails), I think what the most I got out of the summit was the chance to meet folks that I corresponded with via this forum, over the course of the last six months or so. That, and the enjoyment of wheeling with some of them in the most scenic venue imaginable!

I really enjoyed meeting a lot of folks at the chili cookoff, and that was the primary reason for participating; nothing beats handing over some samples and chatting/meeting with fellow forum members over chili and beer! And, the trails - what can I say? The single word that comes to mind is 'awesome'!

I've got a week and a half to rest up, then I'm off to Sturgis, South Dakota for the bike week rally. This year, coming back home, I'm going to detour over through Ouray and ride Hwy 550 again, only this time on the Harley!

Thanks again, Jason and all of the volunteers, for a very memorable time.

·
Premium Member
6,177 Posts
For us, like many others, it was about meeting people. We got to meet so many great people both in town & on the trails.

Thanks to everyone for the kind words about FJC Magazine, we really appreciate it!

I'm working on my trip blog right now, instead of working on my e-mail inbox. I'm already ready for next year!!

·
Premium Member
582 Posts
It was meeting new friends that you feel like you've known forever. I don't know any other way to describe it.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts