Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

61 - 73 of 73 Posts

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
Unfortunately, I am afraid this is probably going to be the truth.

All the scammers and the government has been lying to us, inflation is really much much worse than they let on to. They are turning our US dollar into the Peso. I figure about 1 million to 1.8 million may be just about right for a beat up 15 year old FJ with a couple of hundred thousand miles on it...

God help us all.

Wage, labor, the monetary system... It is all just a civilized form of slavery.
And slavery, get's shhet done!

Attachments

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have a 2011 with 7,000 miles that is pretty modded up and in pristine condition. I'm going to list it at 45,000.00 at auction and see if it gets any action.

·
Desert Moderator
6,932 Posts
I agree here. I don't get those in the beginning here saying it's basically a Tacoma underneath when it's more closely related to the Prado. Which the 4Runner is as well so basically all three are. Anyone who knows 4Runners/GX470's/GX460's know they are based off the Prado which what exactly the FJ is based on.

Toyota Land Cruiser Prado - Lexus GX470/460 - Toyota 4Runner - FJ Cruiser.

But no no to the Tacoma except for the engine.

I do agree that the FJ Cruiser's more resemble the Hilux interior wise. But I think think this is a plus in my mind.
The GR1FE engine (both versions) is currently used across the board in Toyotas - Taco, LC 150, LC200, LC70, Hilux, Fortuner.... including variants of that list - and probably a few others I've missed.

·
Registered
237 Posts
The resale on an FJ has been high for for its entire run. Now that the run is over I wouldn't see the the resale value going down in the foreseeable future.

I've met two people recently who said "nice FJ". Which is a little odd in itself since over ten years many don't even know what it is...but I digress. The two comments came from recently new used jeep owners. Their next comment was I was looking for an FJ but they are to damn expensive so I bought the jeep.

·
MOAB SUPERSTAR
6,237 Posts
Interesting thread from 5years ago, especially in light of recent events and discussion of some extremely high prices at action. I personally do not care about resale prices, either good or bad as my FJ is forever, but it is gratifying to see value hold if not increase, in defiance of many predictions made here.

·
Premium Member
2,325 Posts
LOL, I thought the same thing when I saw this thread title.

If I am never going to sell it, the "value others place on it" is of little interest to me, and speculators who try to make money off buying/selling cars really rub me the wrong way (as, in missing the whole point of what makes cars so great in the first place!).

Norm "not for sale" Kerr

·
Premium Member
2,557 Posts
Over the last month, I've had two unsolicited offers to buy my FJ. First time I was fishing, parked in the rocks by the river. A guy literally steps out of the bushes and says "you interested in selling your FJ?"

The second time, a see a cop parked outside our house. We are headed out with our dog for a walk. Cop: "Is that your FJ?" Me: "Yes." Wife: [hard eyeroll]. Cop: "I like to look at cool vehicles when I'm patrolling. I like what you've done to it. If you're ever interested in sell..." Wife: "Get in line. He's never selling that thing."

·
Registered
57 Posts
One of the best investments you can make into the value, and just the overall longevity of the vehicle, is to rust proof the frame. Inside and out. And keep that looking pristine. Frame failure from neglect is going to be a great culler of FJs over the years. A well maintained FJ will always command more value than something beat to hell.

Full documentation for everything done to the vehicle is a value added activity.

Don't buy a car as an investment unless you really know what you're doing.

61 - 73 of 73 Posts