Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 20 of 131 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey peeps here u can write down what u want changed about the fj
i would want the cheap plastic on the inside changed.

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
Diesel engine
Color options

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
mappelman said:
The stero plastic doesn't look so bad if it's not a bright color.
Though the radio screen is hard to read in daylight

·
Registered
552 Posts
The thing I really like about my Matrix is the back lighting, very bright and easy to read. Calty designed the Matrix also from a concept but I think the interior was done by pontiac...shudder. The only parts that are failing on the Matrix is the interior radio as the fake rubber likes to chip away. Still every part seems to glow this eerie red, maybe a diffused blue or yellow would work. Anyways I'm going to make the trip to LA mid week and see about those parts. Oh yeah if anyone has a life-size mannequin let me know..... I'm not showing up in any photos I saw what they did to Percy.

Now about that tail light.......imagine the dealer replacement cost.

·
Registered
204 Posts
mappelman said:
I really wish they had kept the big blocky "toyota" next to the right rear tail light.

And I also wish that they rear tail light was just a round tail light. And I wish that the back end was boxier. And the front end. And I wish that it didn't bulge so much in the middle, that it had a more straight up and down side. And I wish that the roof line didn't slope downward in the rear. And that the c-pillar was normal sized. And that the wrap-around rear windows were actually functional. And that all the windows met metal at the transition points between them. And that the interior was painted metal and hard old-school rubber/plastics. And that the rear doors were ambulance style. And that they offered matte orange. And that they offered a diesel. And that the front turn signals were mounted above the wheel well, like in the old FJ40/55's. And that the hood was a bit more shaped, with a raised center. And that the roof line had a physical seam where the color meets the white. And that they offered a solid front axle. And that there were visible rivets on the exterior. And that the bumper had no plastic in it. And that the gear shift knobs were long and had a ball on top. And that they dropped the circular toyota logo entirely from the vehicle. And that the steering wheel was smaller and less like a mushroom. And that the rear passenger doors were larger and that the windows went down.

Hmmm. What else...

Cheers,
prat

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
mappelman said:
[

Maybe we can get a group deal

·
Registered
552 Posts
That tail light tape is great. Had it on a car way to long when I broke the taillight backing up. I'm thinking Lexan is the way to go, shouldn't cost to much to produce.

·
Registered
2,008 Posts
Don't know if any of you read Toyota Trails but they had the same concerns and still managed to run Rubicon without hurting them. I think in the long run a better solution is a must but I will wait until I crack mine.

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
praetorian said:
I really wish they had kept the big blocky "toyota" next to the right rear tail light.

And I also wish that they rear tail light was just a round tail light. And I wish that the back end was boxier. And the front end. And I wish that it didn't bulge so much in the middle, that it had a more straight up and down side. And I wish that the roof line didn't slope downward in the rear. And that the c-pillar was normal sized. And that the wrap-around rear windows were actually functional. And that all the windows met metal at the transition points between them. And that the interior was painted metal and hard old-school rubber/plastics. And that the rear doors were ambulance style. And that they offered matte orange. And that they offered a diesel. And that the front turn signals were mounted above the wheel well, like in the old FJ40/55's. And that the hood was a bit more shaped, with a raised center. And that the roof line had a physical seam where the color meets the white. And that they offered a solid front axle. And that there were visible rivets on the exterior. And that the bumper had no plastic in it. And that the gear shift knobs were long and had a ball on top. And that they dropped the circular toyota logo entirely from the vehicle. And that the steering wheel was smaller and less like a mushroom. And that the rear passenger doors were larger and that the windows went down.

Hmmm. What else...

Cheers,
prat
you forgot to mention tiffiny glass moon roof...
you will have to give me more time for the other items

·
Registered
204 Posts
mappelman said:
Get a FJ40 what do think this is.....:D Hey at least it's cheap.
We've been through this. I want a modern engine, sane braking characteristics and I don't mind a modern take on the 40/55's. I just wish modern 4x4 designers (And all automotive designers, for that matter. Yes, I'm looking at you Chris Bangle.) could draw a straight line. Give these fuckers a spline tool and suddenly they can't do a right angle to save their firstborns.

Cheers,
prat

·
Registered
124 Posts
praetorian said:

Hmmm. What else...

Cheers,
prat
Wow Prat-----wish you had been talking to toyota back when----you hit it on the head with that one!------I'd have to add, I wish the front silver accent was one piece and not two, and that the rear window went down.

I figure It should be possible to de-badge the circular logos and even add some new ones if all this aftermarket stuff pans out. I trying to figure out how you could get the one on the stearing wheel out-----I dont wana look at that thing all the time-----I won't forget what kind of vehicle I'm in, gosh!

·
Registered
204 Posts
Oh, also, I wish that the side mirrors were smaller, and all metal rather than the plastic that they appear to be. And that they had an orange-on-black LCD GPS system above the radio. (See! I'm not a total reactionary!) And that the antenna was rear-side mounted. And that the front grille was just a *bit* smaller.

I'll think some more...

Cheers,
prat

·
Registered
51 Posts
I actually like the FJ Cruiser the way it is, but wish list changes I would like to see are:
• Better MPG (via diesel or some other method.) !!!!!
• A bull bar like the ARB from SEMA instead of the current bumper. (Factory Option brush bar doesn't cut it.)
• Backup camera option.
• Ability to run ATRAC on front tires while rear locker is engaged.
• Pleasant blue backlighting with red reading lights that shine down from above. (This sounds stupid, but I rode in a VW once that had this and it was awesome. The blue was much easier on the eyes/night vision than standard white backlighting. The red reading lights were great too. It was a very subtle LED like lighting. I didn't even realize it was on until I put a map on the dash. You could read the map with no problems, while keeping your night vision.)
• Ceiling handles in the back to help with getting in and out.
• More storage compartments.
• Switch to temporarily disable the ABS system.
• I'd replace the end caps of the dash board with metal ones that were color matched to the exterior. The current plastic ones look like something off a cheep toy.

·
Registered
64 Posts
The back! I love the front and sides, but the back of the vehicle just doesn't look right. I think if it were square like the rest of the vehicle, I'd like it much more. The way it curves just looks wierd.

Xenon headlights.

Better MPG, maybe w/ turbo diesel.

·
Registered
552 Posts
Stick the prototype back on the production FJ and move the tire. I want a back that has a tailgate!!! Other than that the FJ is perfect....except for...

·
Registered
644 Posts
With all the talk of how it's designed, I am surprised noone compared it to the Liberty yet. Wow.

1 - 20 of 131 Posts