Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have a separate provisions tote that carries all my dry goods needed for the trip. I currently use a cooler but hope to have a 12v fridge in the near future. I mostly carry foods that do not need long term refrigeration like summer sausage, salted pork, etc if I am carrying meat products. Dairy products I carry powdered milk, etc. Not ideal but works for my current situation without fridge.

·
Registered
10,440 Posts
nice... always looking for options and improvements

·
Premium Member
5,235 Posts
Here is what was in my old wood chuckbox this past trip last month at Mount Rainier looked fully loaded.

But alas I am retiring the box this year, I went with a new one that is a tad smaller, and much lighter.
However I cannot carry the stove in it though.
https://trailkitchens.com/collections/portable-camp-kitchens/products/king-charles

They modified it for me by putting on a cable so the front door can become a work surface, just like the wood one.
I have not had it out camping yet, but with it fully loaded it weighs the same as the wood one when it is empty.
The wood one loaded with the stove tips over 80 lbs I believe, this new composite is mucho lighter.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts