Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
630 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to be able to control it from my steering wheel audio controls. Am I going to experience low volume problems with the XM? I read that some of you have had that problem. I hope not, because I think the FJammers volume is weak already. However, I like the look of the FJammer, so I will probably upgrade the speakers and maybe get a small amp at some point.

But, first things first, how can I get XM?

·
Registered
630 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
bump..............C'mon guys.......help a brother out. I know nothing about this stuff

·
Registered
630 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
bump..............C'mon guys.......help a brother out. I know nothing about this stuff:mecry:

·
Registered
226 Posts
I mounted my Roady and I have an headphone input under the power outlet low on the dash panel that I got a cable for. My Roady has the option of FM transmit also if you don't have the headphone input. The input is by far the best way. My roady also has in the menu, an option for output volume, which of course, is at maximum. Hope this helps. Rock on................

·
Premium Member
9,345 Posts
This info is for OEM setup so that you can plug directly in the FJammer and use your steering wheel controls. I installed mine last week.
You will need to purchase the receiver/tuner and also the fit kit from the dealership. The tuner does not come with ANYTHING but the box itself. The fit kit contains the wiring harness, antenna, mounting plate and hardware.
I went with Sirius over XM. I have now had both and prefer Sirius. They have better rock stations and entertainment channels.

Here is a link to the XM receiver:
86180-0W031 - Satellite Radio Receiver - XM Parts and Accessories
XM fit kit:
PT546-35070 - FIT KIT ONLY, XM Satellite Radio, FJ CRUISER Parts and Accessories
Sirius receiver:
PTS31-53060 - Satellite Radio Fit Kit - Sirius Parts and Accessories
Sirius fit kit:
PTS31-35070 - Fit Kit Only, Sirius Satellite Radio, FJ Parts and Accessories

You will find tons of room inside the dash once you get the head unit out. I disregarded the installation instructions and had it done in less than an hour.

Here is the thread for the head unit removal:
http://www.fjcruiserforums.com/foru...io-head-unit-removal-instructions-w-pics.html

Good luck.

·
Registered
113 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,051 Posts
I also have the OEM XM receiver/tuner & fit kit.

I installed it inside globe compartment, along with the DVD player and Vaistech iPod adapter (to work with the Toyota navigation unit).

·
Registered
30 Posts
Are the Sirius fit kit and Xm fit kit the same? My FJ came factory equipped with XM but I already have Sirius. Can I just change the actual tuner and use all of the wiring that is already installed or is the wiring different? I was waiting to see if the XM/Sirius merger would allow me to activate XM for the 6.99/month but it doesn't seem that is going to be an option. Any insight is greatly appreciated.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts