Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
647 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Some of this talk about 33K $ with all the accessories is making me a little nervous... I could still swing it, trading in my two current vehicles, but I was hoping to keep my F150 as a beater / hauler / dogmobile ... I bought the F150 new for about 23500$ (w/T&L, in CA @ 3.9%/48mo.) in 2000, and that's the most I've ever paid for a vehicle... Was itchy at the time spending that much..

And, of course, there won't be any financing incentives for the FJ for a while... :(

How much have you bent over for, and for what vehicle?? :p

·
Registered
2,057 Posts
air said:
csherrill and mappelman ------> and you guys say I post pointless threads?
lump me in with csherrill and mappelman. dude's just making conversation and given we dont know the price point for the fj id have to say this is a legit thread. im not exactly looking forward to spending 30k on this truck as i was buying into the price starting around 22k. im trying to figure out how to swing this thing and keep my family happy (read wife). so there,....shutit.

·
Registered
647 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Air (now I know you named yourself that because of your propensity to expell it from both your top and bottom holes), but the thread isn't pointless... It's about how far people might be willing to stretch to get this vehicle. It's a measure of desire vs finances. Kinda like you on a lonely Sat night and the Craig's list hookers are all booked up... ;)

Now this is pointless....

Spikey.

·
Registered
2,057 Posts
all i got to say is - hahahahahahahaha

hahahahahaha

uhhaahahahahahahahaha

that'll do spike.....that'll do.... :)

·
Registered
163 Posts
I'll play

The FJ will be the most I've ever paid.

My current ride is an SVT Focus, it was just under $20K new in 2002.

I'm expecting to pay $25K - $28K for the FJ. I'll skip some options / accessories to keep the price lower. The other option for me would be a Tacoma TRD Access-Cab, but I prefer the shorter wheelbase of the FJ.

One thing that I find disappointing, to get the cool color-matched dash, it appears that I have to choose both option packages?! Lame...

·
Registered
228 Posts
I was not meaning to knock you in any way air. Asking if you were in high school was an honest question.

As for the post and the thread. I think it is legit. It is pretty much the pricing debate over again, but I am all for it. I think it really just depends on what options, etc. you plan on getting. Some want it totally stripped which is cool. Then some want options but not options that include the fold out baby wipe tray table in the back. Everyone has a guess as to the price, but looking at the version they tested for Edmunds (MSRP $29.5K) and the options they mention and looking at the pics. I think that Percy, ekool, etc are right in thinking that a fully loaded FJ is going to be well over $30K. The one tested doesn't have running boards, a front grill, the roof rack, etc. Seems to me it is simply a 4X4 auto with the CQ, Upgrade #1, and maybe #2 (kinda hard to tell by the wording of the article and the video.) I think it is the best barometer to date as to the pricing.

As to the question, I purchased a 2001 Montero Sport LS about a year out of college. It is an SUV but not a 4X4. It is many things, reliable, spacious, convenient, black, but not a matrix. I'm not sure but I think I paid about $25K or $26K for it...and my stomach bleed for a month knowing I paid that much for a car. First new car purcahse, but I've learned a lot since then and hope to have as good if not better of a second car buying experience. But yes the over $30K is killing me, because I don't want to skimp on the good stuff, but also don't want to pay in excess of $30K-ish. I'm also considering an Xterra/Pathfinder, Tahoe (they are giving them away for dirt cheap in Texas and fiancee approved), and a used LR Disco (yes the reliability will give me ulcers and I will die younger).

I'm interested in a Taco...but my brother just purchased one so I can just borrow his when I need to move stuff around.

·
Registered
647 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
air, I went to the University of Beer and Poontang and majored in moronic insults and high-school-esque wit. As you can see, I failed most of my classes. I hope to redeem myself, in the eyes of my fellow man, by buying an FJC to show how smart and senior-minded I really am.

BTW, air, I thought you were going to turn the other cheek? :) I can kiss either one, you know... ;)

·
Banned
2,350 Posts
so i was entirely mistaken to think this a forum where one gains praise for thoughts, is welcomed and given opportunity to speak freely? is admiration of the FJ not enough of a redeeming quality in your collective eyes (redemption for what?)? this is how civil wars begin.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Have you guys noticed the decline in quality and posts to the point where we are giving each other verbal wedgies? I just wanted to say I appreciate the written wars and will side with whoever offers more money or Toyota girl pictures.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts