Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know it's styled after the origionals and such, but the other day the girlfriend asked what the story about the white roof, other than sheer speculation and knowing older 4x4's had them. I'm at a loss

·
Registered
790 Posts
found this on another forum

FJs were designed to be offroad/safari/jungle/desert/mountain/etc vehicles. For most of these purposes, bright colors and differences in color help to distinguish it. If someones broken down in swamp lands, deserts, mountains, jungles, anything, they can be easily distinguished by anyone from far far away or an aircraft.

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
So that explains the bright colour aspect of the old wheelers. Makes alot of sense

·
Registered
434 Posts
OK, Maybe a Pink roof would suffice and maybe reflect more light, being a light color to match the black tires with raised pink letters. :mecry:

·
Registered
10 Posts
i like the white roof personally i think it adds character ......and it is the coolest truck i have gotten into on a blistering hot day now that i think about it ....not to mention u cant turn the ac past two unless u want icecycles coming off ur nose lol ....but to each his own .....u can have it painted if necessary tho !

·
Registered
2,698 Posts
i like the white roof personally i think it adds character ......and it is the coolest truck i have gotten into on a blistering hot day now that i think about it ....not to mention u cant turn the ac past two unless u want icecycles coming off ur nose lol ....but to each his own .....u can have it painted if necessary tho !
Maybe you can't, but down here, once the summer rolls around, my AC is on full blast pretty much the entire time.

·
Premium Member
8,988 Posts

·
Registered
237 Posts
white roofs

were introduced by the japanese with help from a superior alien race in ww2 to infiltrate our lands in the future and to pinpoint where all the cool people lived and worked and to be able to target their interplanetary wmd's with pin point accuracy to rid of the world of 99% of the cool people on earth

1% of the fj owners of the universe are not cool

prove me wrong, thats why i have a black roof

·
Registered
1,387 Posts
Mine is all white with the sides painted VDB.:cheers:

1 - 20 of 32 Posts