Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm seeing so many 2008 FJ's for sale and many are trail teams. Am I missing something? Is there something wrong with that years FJ's? Thanks for any responses in advance!

·
Registered
460 Posts
The problem probably lies more with the owners of 2008 FJ's and less with the trucks themselves.

·
Registered
2,698 Posts
I would be willing to bet that it's just coincidence. But with that being said, I would guess the majority of 2007 sales were to enthusiasts and by the 2008 model you were probably seeing a lot more "soccer moms" and the like purchasing them. I know here, in PC it wasn't till like mid to late 2008 that I started seeing FJ's with any type of regularity. Just a theory.

·
Premium Member
143 Posts
IMO, I think the FJ is an impulse buy for alot of people. Looks cool, its capable and has a lot of potential. Its like any other trend in the automotive world though. Its a vehicle you truly have to want to enjoy it...What I hate is when people buy them and don't use them for their intended purpose i.e."Soccer mom's". But to each his own.

·
Registered
4,384 Posts
Lease or trade up time based on age and or mileage on the vehicle? Did this seem to happen last year with 07s?

·
Registered
2,698 Posts
^^^good point.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Maybe its because the 2008 Trail Teams just weren't all that awesome. The 2007 Trail Teams were by far the best looking TT's, in my opinion. I'd love to pick one up some time, or trade in for new if they ever do that look again. But all White? Everyone can buy those now, for cheaper. (And they looked cool for a while, because they were so unique in a sea of FJ color. But now they just look like any all-white rig--i.e. cheapest option for most vehicles--unless you mod the bejesus out of 'em, like some have done quite well with) And, respect to the later years' Army Greens and Beiges (dude, that's beige, not desert warfare or something), but they just don't do it for me, either. But All Black? Those things are sweet. Good year for FJ TRD wheels, too--they make the 2011 TRD wheels look like fancy cupcake holders at some little runt's party.

Did I really say all that? Let the flaming begin. :)

·
Registered
2,698 Posts
:flamed::flamed::flamed:

·
Registered
449 Posts
i still have my 08... bought brand new and have almost 58k on her. If i could trade up for a new TT i would totally do it... but then id have to start the modding all over.. . and ive merely just begun with mine. :rocker: it would be like getting a divorce... more expensive than its worth :rofl:

·
Registered
42 Posts
I got a 2008 Ti, too--and I agree with you, Titanium Tonka. But only 18k on mine! Yeah!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts