Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Cant wait for the FJ to come out, just wondering what everyone is going to do for modifications first? Im planing on off-roading lights, since thats pretty universal. Then wheels and tires, depending on what comes equiped. So whats everyones plan?
-Rich-

·
Registered
132 Posts
Well, first I need to get one, but that won't happen for several years cause I'm broke. But if I did have one it would be better tires, a winch, a bastard lift, bumpers, a manufactured lift,

·
Registered
2,874 Posts
Hmmm, let's see, it can tackle Rubicon without modification. So, I'll probably go with the ARB front bumper and some massive LightSource off-road lights. Aside from that, maybe the 3 inch lift with 33", but really they are kind of unnecessary. Bring on the snorkel and the supercharger (available by summer).

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well my plan is to use my Kc day glowers (4) across the top rack, 2 slim lights on the front bumper (if possible), rear light wired into the reverse lights. Already have 2 RE XXX 12" and a box built for the rear, along with two PG 1200.1 amps to power them. Waiting to find out the other speaker sizes to change them out and the final size on the headunit to get on that will look nice. Then ill go for the lift kits as soon as they come out and the bumper.
-Rich-

·
Registered
2,874 Posts
I'm going to go with lightsource, lights. They have adjustable beams, bulletproof lenses, are brighter and cheaper than everything else on the market. They are a new company from Australia - I checked them out at SEMA - and they rock. Definitely the ARB front bumper. That looks SOOOO badass on the FJ.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Cause crooked ones are no fun.

Actually I would just get a Long travel front suspension and link the rear. The FJ cruiser would make an Awesome baja mobile..

·
Official Field Agent
1,146 Posts
Factory with 6 speed, black steel wheels, rear locker, rock sliders, no other options.

Bullbar w/winch & lights, rear bumper w/backup lights, expedition style roof rack with hi-lift, ax, and shovel mounts and space for NATO fuel cans and the second spare, air locker (and compressor) for the front, CB Radio, 33x10.5 BFG MTs X 6 (after the stock tires wear out if forced to get the ATs with the TRD Locker pkg).

·
Registered
2,874 Posts
Topless4runner said:
Factory with 6 speed, black steel wheels, rear locker, rock sliders, no other options.

Bullbar w/winch & lights, rear bumper w/backup lights, expedition style roof rack with hi-lift, ax, and shovel mounts and space for NATO fuel cans and the second spare, air locker (and compressor) for the front, CB Radio, 33x10.5 BFG MTs X 6 (after the stock tires wear out if forced to get the ATs with the TRD Locker pkg).
I'm going to have to agree with you. That sounds about perfect. I do want the ARB front bumper though, that thing looks absolutely sick on the FJ Cruiser.

·
Registered
1,252 Posts
Not sure what my first mod will be until I know how much of a vehicle I can drive off the lot. The blue FJ at SEMA had the Donahoe Racing coil-overs on the front. What about the back? Can't see much from the available photos but it sure looks like a nice level stance. And does anyone have any experiences with Toyota dealerships blaming aftermarket add ons for problems that should be covered under warranty? Part of the design and marketing approach for the FJC has been geared towards aftermarket right? But the dealerships won't give a flip about that.

·
Banned
169 Posts
Percy said:
I'm going to go with lightsource, lights. They have adjustable beams, bulletproof lenses, are brighter and cheaper than everything else on the market. They are a new company from Australia - I checked them out at SEMA - and they rock. Definitely the ARB front bumper. That looks SOOOO badass on the FJ.
LightFORCE you mean?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts