Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
4-Corners Moderator
4,876 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Another monthly pole coming at ya!

This time mark down what your running for suspension so we can see what folks have in their rigs! I allowed for multiple options to be selected in this poll in case folks have a combo of suspension and lift options.

Here are explanations of each item on the poll in case you don't know what it is.

Stock suspension: Straight from the factory shocks and coils. No lift at all.

Spacer lift/Leveling kit: Kits consisting simply of spacers that fit above the front coilover assembly and above the rear coils. Sometimes these kits replace the rear shocks with extended length shocks to compensate for the height of the spacer. Provide little lift and are more for providing the vehicle with a leveled stance. (Examples: Daystar, Rough Country, Low Range Off-road, etc.)

Body Lift: This is a kind of lift that adds spacer pucks in between the body and frame of the vehicle, along with a driveline spacer. Usually only around an inch of lift can be achieved.

Non-Adjustable 3" Lift: These lifts replace the factory shocks and coils with extended length shocks and coils therefore providing lift but they do not adjust. They are only a set length, usually 2 to 3" of lift are achieved. (Examples: Old Man Emu, Ironman 4x4, etc. )

Adjustable 3" Lift: These lifts replace the factory shocks and coils with longer shocks and coils to provide lift and are adjustable too. Usually meaning they have adjustable front coilovers to fine tune the height of the rig, perhaps to compensate for bumpers and gear. Usually only the front end is adjustable, rear shocks and coils are only set lengths, however some kits have adjustable dampening to fine tune the ride. (Examples: Icon Vehicle Dynamics, Toytec, Bilstein 5100s, Fox, King, etc.)

Non-Adjustable 6" Lift: Lifts that provide around 6" of lift but are not adjustable. (Examples: Rough Country, Pro Comp, etc.)

Adjustable 6" Lift: Basically to have this you have to have one of the other brands that have 6" lifts but brands like Icon offer adjustable coilovers that are for 6" lifts.

Rear Long Travel: Companies such as Metal Tech 4x4 have kits that bring rear suspensiontTravel to the next level and offer lots of articulation, however similar results can be reached with combinations of components and especially with the removal of the rear sway bar.

Front Long Travel: These kits require specific long travel coilovers and replace the upper and lower control arms as well as alter the CV axles, require limiting straps, extended steering components, etc. Doesn't include "extended travel" coilovers. Some kits are extreme enough to require fiberglass fenders to allow for wheel travel.

Solid Axel Swap: Replacing either just the independent front suspension setup or both the front and rear axles with aftermarket solid axles to turn the FJ into an off-roading beast.

·
I Have a V-8!! Moderator
28,838 Posts
Oh what the hell. On the FJ I had Toytec front springs with OME shocks. On the rear I had the All Pro 3.5" springs and the Walker Evans 2.5 non reservoir shocks for the final setup. Tundra is stock TRD Off Road setup along with the TRD Sway Bar.

·
Registered
279 Posts
Front: ICON 2.5" Ext. travel CO's, All-Pro UCA w/ JFleckFJ 3D-printed dust caps, Sway Bar Disco links (by mstudt), Wheeler's Super Bumps.
Rear: ICON 2.5" CO's w/RR and CDC, Rough Country +2" springs, Skyjacker Ext. SW links, AirLift bags inside springs (for when I tow my Travel Trailer). :cheers:

·
Premium Member
7,481 Posts
Front: Icon 2.5" adjustable coilovers with TC UCA and sway bar removed, wheeler's superbumps. Have 10 years on the coilovers and only rebuilt once so far....

Rear: OME 60071L long travel shocks and Icon 2.0" springs

Set at about 2" of suspension lift for that cushy ride and cool stance.

·
Premium Member
833 Posts
3" adjustable: Toytec Boss original kit (no reservoirs), Superflex rear coils, SPC UCAs, diff drop, 1/2" Bandi Body lift, and Skyjacker rear sway bar links.

·
Registered
1,787 Posts
oops, forgot to tick the box for body lift

front - 3" OME kit, ICON tube UCAs
rear - MT/ICON long travel, toyoutfitter LCAs
1" body lift

·
Premium Member
2,681 Posts
Bilstein 6112 front adjustable. SPC UCA's
Bilstein 5100 rear w/OME 3" springs not adjustable

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
Adjustable IronMan FCPs in front, OME 60071L with MetalTech HD rear springs and no sway bars in sight. Set at basically maximum lift to get a better approach angle, but I need more front travel. Wish I wasn't in college so I could go with an LT front.

·
Registered
190 Posts
In front Toytec 2.5 fronts, spc ucas. Rear: 2.0 boss shocks with superflex springs. Great package that i love.

·
Registered
392 Posts
Adjustable IronMan FCPs in front, OME 60071L with MetalTech HD rear springs and no sway bars in sight. Set at basically maximum lift to get a better approach angle, but I need more front travel. Wish I wasn't in college so I could go with an LT front.
Dub,
Your suspension set up will get you anywhere my long travel will get me... All you need to do is use good lines and hone your driving skills. Your college education will open many more paths for your future than any LT will open. Pursue that degree like your life depends on it.... Get your education, get your career and enjoy life! In the big picture, the LT is only a pixel.... Sounds like you have your priorities right where they belong.... Good for you!

Cheers!

·
Premium Member
7,481 Posts
Wish I wasn't in college so I could go with an LT front.
The good news is that you will be able to afford it in no time with your degree, just take it easy on the girlfriends and beer in the meantime. :rofl:

·
Registered
4,390 Posts
Running radflo 2.5s all around and Allpro UCAs. It's a great setup, I can fly past all my buddies for fun on easier trails. I'm also running wheelers bump stops. The only thing that slows me down on speed runs are my 35s. Going to try to fix the rest of that.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
189 Posts
Anyone running 2.5s with resis in front and rear have any feedback on desert running? Want to know what kinds of speeds your achieving with just those upgrades over stock.

·
Premium Member
11,823 Posts
2.5 Kings with resi in the rear
2.5 S.A.W. up front - soon to be replaced with Kings
TC UCA
ICON Coilover covers

1 - 20 of 35 Posts