Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2008 wheel bearing went out while I was driving. It ruined the half shaft, the bearing of course and the steering knuckle on my lift kit. The ABS lights and traction and all those pretty lights came on. I have replaced the above listed parts but dash lights are still on? Any idea what I need to do to get those off/

·
Forum Beer Miester
3,940 Posts
Pull the sensor and clean it, that is if it's any good, it may have gotten thrashed if it was a catastrophic failure. You may have also damaged what I believe what they call the Hall ring which is what the sensor reads as it turns, someone will correct me if I'm wrong.

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
When a wheel bearing fails to the point it damages the cv shaft and steering knuckle, then the abs sensor is most likely destroyed, and the wiring likely stretched.

I had a wheel bearing fail and it ate the wheel speed sensor. The bearing was really bad, felt like the wheel was going to fall off and I should have had it towed, but I thought I could make it 3mi home. I made it, but at the added cost of a wheel speed sensor

BTW, the "hall" ring is built into the wheel bearing, so, new bearing means new hall ring, so that shouldn't be a problem.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts