Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
fka BLACK HAWK
2,809 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
about 36k miles on the FJ, Big Brand tire said my front driver side wheel bearing is going out, is this covered under warranty?

·
Registered
322 Posts
You'd think so. I'd be taking it in regardless and try to make them replace it.

Is it me or does the drivers side front wheel bearing always seem to be the one that wears out?

·
Premium Member
8,997 Posts
about 36k miles on the FJ, Big Brand tire said my front driver side wheel bearing is going out, is this covered under warranty?
Do you do any water fording, mud etc? I should be covered, but I would make sure the bottom of your truck is free from clumps of mud. They may claim abuse

·
fka BLACK HAWK
2,809 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i'll wash her up real good

·
fka BLACK HAWK
2,809 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
nope, they won't cover it " over the mileage" and i don't have an extended warranty :(

so, 2nd question, is doing the bearing R&R easy? my firehawk was a straight swap, no need of pressing or anything, just 4 mounting bolts, remove old, put in new and bolt back down.

·
fka BLACK HAWK
2,809 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
bump,... are any special tools such as a press needed to install the bearing?

·
Registered
729 Posts
yes it needs to be pressed in, besides that easy to do.finding a shop with the right press was the hardest part for me.....god luck

·
fka BLACK HAWK
2,809 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
update: the whole hub assembly needs to be R&R'ed. after getting new tires mounted the mechanic showed me how loose the wheel was and it was so bad i didn't even want to drive it out of the shop... it's getting taken care of. passenger side was fine

1 - 8 of 8 Posts