Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
728 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
All, Ive searched the threads and it seems apparent that I can buy a wheel bearing hub assembly that is already assembled. What I cant find is where this can be purchased. Most suppliers sell them separate which requires a press to assemble. Does anyone know (from actually purchasing it) where I can buy this???? Dont be fooled by the online auto parts store that say "wheel bearing/hub assembly" as I have ordered and received 3 by that description and its just the bearing.

Thanks for the help. Why not just take it to a shop???? Lets just say my present location is off the grid.

·
Registered
728 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
any thoughts would be appreciated. Im currently broke in one of the most remote areas in the us trying to deal with this.

·
Registered
728 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks...I appreciate the help. I sure was expecting a few had been thru this.

·
Registered
728 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Nice guy...thanks but thats just the wheel bearing not the hub. Thanks though partner. Dont hesitiate to hit me up if I can help you in the future.

·
Registered
790 Posts
It only cost me $25 and half a day for a machine shop to press in the new bearing. They were about 15min away but kinda on the way to work.

·
Registered
728 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yeah that would be great but im sitting 3 hours by motorcycle to the nearest town with a broke rig...no machine shop out here buddy.

·
Registered
8,955 Posts
I beleive the dealer sells the complete assembly... I went the route of cutting the old bearing off the hub and buying a press from harbor freight and pressing the new one on.... MUCH MUUUCCCHHH Easiser to pay the extra for the assembled one... there are some good prices online at dealers, like trdsparks.com...

·
Registered
728 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yeah Bandi in my case it really is a necessity to buy it pre assembled...my hub is trashed. Ive got one coming from the dealership but was hoping to get one asap....Not as easy to get as I had thought. If I were home it would be a easy fix but as this happened out on the trail I am limited on options. I appreciated the help. My dealership is saying its gonna be 7-10 days. thanks Bandi

·
Registered
115 Posts
I beleive the dealer sells the complete assembly... I went the route of cutting the old bearing off the hub and buying a press from harbor freight and pressing the new one on.... MUCH MUUUCCCHHH Easiser to pay the extra for the assembled one... there are some good prices online at dealers, like trdsparks.com...
There's a lot of confusion here regarding what is assembled and what isn't.
From what I know, the bearing assembly is assembled. Meaning the flanged housing contains the bearings inside and that is what is pre-assembled.
What is not assembled when you buy these parts is the bearing assembly to the hub. The bearing assembly needs to be pressed on to the hub, and pressed off when removing.
Am I wrong?
The only place Ive ever seen a pre-assembled bearing assembly and hub together is on Ebay.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts