Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

its been a couple months since i've gotten my new rims. Since then I sold off the old alloys and with them went the wheel lock key for the lugs...I still have my stock wheel as a spare and just relized that I can't get it off without the key. Will the dealership sell me one? Where is the best place to get another wheel lock key? Thanks in advance guys.

·
Premium Member
333 Posts
Hey guys,

its been a couple months since i've gotten my new rims. Since then I sold off the old alloys and with them went the wheel lock key for the lugs...I still have my stock wheel as a spare and just relized that I can't get it off without the key. Will the dealership sell me one? Where is the best place to get another wheel lock key? Thanks in advance guys.
In the package that came with the nuts (should have been in yr glovebox or pouch with all the docs) there is a card from the manufacturer (Mc sombody)to order replacement nuts or a key. I had to order one as my stealer "lost" my key at last service. Arrived promptly in 10 days.

·
Premium Member
3,257 Posts
I was able to buy one from the dealer. They have a master set, and they can walk with you out to the vehicle and try each one until one fits.

Actually, if you're going with new wheels and rims, and not using the same locking nut, see if they can just remove the nut for you, and they can keep the key (that way you won't have to buy the key). Depends on how friendly your dealership and the parts guys are...

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I was able to buy one from the dealer. They have a master set, and they can walk with you out to the vehicle and try each one until one fits.

Actually, if you're going with new wheels and rims, and not using the same locking nut, see if they can just remove the nut for you, and they can keep the key (that way you won't have to buy the key). Depends on how friendly your dealership and the parts guys are...
Thats exactly what happened. I just came back from the dealership and luckily he had one that fit. So, $23 bucks later, I can change a flat again. ahaha. Thanks to everyone that posted a reply.

Just as a side note...they had a Trail Team FJ there...never seen one in person before and I LOVED it. So much that I ordered the TT's transfer case shifter. Very nice stuff.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.