Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,360 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I also posted over at the NWFJCC site:

Does anyone know of any local wheel and tire shops that will take wheels/tires in on trade?

I currently have these American Racing 18" wheels wrapped with Toyo Open Country AT's that I am looking to trade in for a 17" or 16" wheel WITH rubber...

I only have one set of shoes, so I can't just take them off and sell them without having something to put on right away.

They are nice wheels, just too blingy for me...

Thanks!

·
Premium Member
3,394 Posts
Attorneys have destroyed the used tire industry so most large tire retailers don't do it but maybe mom and pop tire stores still do it.

Ebay is your best bet because the buyer will send you the money for your stuff before you have to send it. Just state the truth that it will take a week to ship and buy your new stuff.

·
Registered
1,731 Posts
Town Fair tire if there's one near You. They bought my Dunflops, but they only had 300 miles on them. ..........Good luck

·
Registered
1,401 Posts
I also posted over at the NWFJCC site:

Does anyone know of any local wheel and tire shops that will take wheels/tires in on trade?

I currently have these American Racing 18" wheels wrapped with Toyo Open Country AT's that I am looking to trade in for a 17" or 16" wheel WITH rubber...

I only have one set of shoes, so I can't just take them off and sell them without having something to put on right away.

They are nice wheels, just too blingy for me...

Thanks!
I am in the local area and i believe Les Schwab takes trades and probably a few other chains like Big O etc. But you won't get but about 20% of what they're really worth.

Maybe post up some pics of them in the 4 sale section - ya never know.

Jerry:cheers:

·
Premium Member
3,360 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I am in the local area and i believe Les Schwab takes trades and probably a few other chains like Big O etc. But you won't get but about 20% of what they're really worth.

Maybe post up some pics of them in the 4 sale section - ya never know.

Jerry:cheers:
Yeah, I checked with Schwab, and they don't anymore.

The problem with selling them outright is that I need to have wheels/tires immediately after taking them off as she is my DD

·
Registered
46 Posts
i sold mine on craigslist in about 2 weeks. someone will buy them. I had a set of toyo MT 18,s and got 600.00 just for the tires. I then put Falken Rockey Mountain ATS on my FJ and cant be happier.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts