Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JULY's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
208 Posts
This is a great idea. I may sign up and hope that they hold a So Cal event on a weekend so that I can participate. Big Bear would be nice or the OHV trails over by Lake Arrowhead are beautiful in the spring/summer time. Anyone else in So Cal interested in this???

·
Registered
876 Posts
I was really kind of shocked I hadn't seen this thread on here yet and was going to post it up, but looks like Eric took care of it already.

Bumping it up, there appears to be quite a few states out there without a host yet, come on guys, chime in!

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

·
Registered
450 Posts
Bump!

Where I come from there is a Cops for Cancer fundraiser annually where stickers are made and given out by donation. I think in most cities firemen do a similar thing for their "boot drives". Just a thought, but perhaps stickers could be made on the cheap to allow for some of us to contribute and raise awareness for this excellent cause!

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
:bump:

I personally believe this should be a sticky.
Couldn't agree more!

Bump!

Where I come from there is a Cops for Cancer fundraiser annually where stickers are made and given out by donation. I think in most cities firemen do a similar thing for their "boot drives". Just a thought, but perhaps stickers could be made on the cheap to allow for some of us to contribute and raise awareness for this excellent cause!
Since this is grass-roots thing, the organizer, Jason is out-of pocket for many of the expenses. If you check out the website and the forum there, he has lots of info, but his initial run on stickers will be 1000 and he is offering them up for a $5 donation.

·
Registered
1,464 Posts
I am happy to annouce that Disabled Explorers will be hosting the Arizona Event that will be part of his around the country tour...so look out Arizona FJC folks as we will really want to make this a great time...
All he is looking for is folks to drive on a trail run and give a passenger seat to a wounded vet or family member....it will be in may 2009 so keep your calender clean!

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Hey folks, meeting this Saturday, March 22, 2008 at 3:00pm (1500hrs)

2519 California St
Denver 80205
(303) 298-1393 h
(720) 334-1747 c

parking on the street or alley behind the church

Please RSVP so I can accommodate the munchies!

Look forward to seeing you all.

·
Registered
2,480 Posts

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I am happy to annouce that Disabled Explorers will be hosting the Arizona Event that will be part of his around the country tour...so look out Arizona FJC folks as we will really want to make this a great time...
All he is looking for is folks to drive on a trail run and give a passenger seat to a wounded vet or family member....it will be in may 2009 so keep your calender clean!
Very cool! Let us know if you run short on bodies, I know a few of us are already planning on helping with WY and UT, and I've never wheeled down yonder!

·
Registered
1,464 Posts
Oh we would be happy to have any of you Colorado folks come on across the 4 corners to play in the desert with us..
The WFTW run here will more than likely be in Sedona but not 100% sure yet....it has to be at some kind of elevation in May since the heat can crank up that early in the year around here.
Another option would be something near Tucson in the mountains....
looking for a nice trail run with a large group location or campground along the way isn't easy.
Details will be on the WFTW forum as things progress

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Saturday, March 22, 2008, Denver

Attendees:

Troy (~tc~)
Molly (Lysmachia)
Eric (fjcruzer123)
Matt (gr8goos82)
Gary (chalkie)
Jock (RockyMtnHigh)
Jody (Prodigy)

Agenda

1. Positions
2. Event location
3. Fundraisers
4. Publication approval
5. ICS
6. Wyoming

Minutes

1. Positions
Eric (fjcruzer123) will work on the command structure for the event and identify potential positions to fill
2. Event location
Plan A: Buena Vista/Camp Hale
Plan B: Grand Junction
3. Fundraisers
1st fundraiser will be a HOW in Parker in early June
2nd fundraiser will be a pre-run rally in August
3rd fundraiser will be a LHC cleanup in October
4th fundraiser will be in WY at the Poison Spider Off-road Park in September
5th fundraiser will be ongoing sales of COTTORA and WFTW stickers
4. Publication approval
No one at the meeting declined to part of the publicity campaign
5. ICS
We agreed to use a modified Incident Command System to manage the event
6. Wyoming
Jody (Prodigy) has made the following progress regarding the Wyoming event:
Connected with the Wind River 4x4 Association as likely hosts
Evolution 4x4 has agreed to sponsor both CO and WY and provide logistical support
Kifaru is likely to be a sponsor and supply tents and equipment in WY
Zebra Publications has offered to provide magazine advertising
Back Country Crawlers and Rough Country 4x4 are being courted

Gary will try to make some contacts in the BV area as well as some of the businesses in the Colo Spngs area.

Jock will try to contact Gobi, Bass Pro, Dick’s and Level3

Matt will try to contact local radio stations and an insurance company contact

Eric will try to contact Toyota/TRD and liaison with Jason at WFTW

The next meeting will be specific to progress on these items and planning for the 1st fundraiser: HOW in early June

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
HOW Charity Event planning meeting

I think we should shoot for Sunday the 27th so we have some time to get more folks on board and still have enough time to plan the event. My place seemed to be centrally located, but if there is a better spot, let me know.

Day: Sunday
Date: April 27th
Time: 1:00pm

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
1 - 20 of 24 Posts