Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 20 of 67 Posts

·
Registered
864 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Looking at running Dishpan springs with a few of the fellas on here on Sept 18. I do have to be back in the desert around 6pm though. I would also like to bring a few Jeepers from work.

I figure we can meet at the gas station on Hook Creek rd. at around 8:30. I would like to run the trail both ways if possible.

This is considered a black diamond trail, so at least a rear locker (with a winch), skids and rocker protection and some good tires and basic recovery gear are needed. I have done the trail before in my old FJ without problems and even took an open/open crewcab Ram through it. The Ram took about an hour to get through the big waterfall without damage.

We have seen a few Jeeps flip on their lid at the big water fall too so be advised there is a possibility of trail rash.

Tony, Douggie look forward to seeing you guys again.

Wheelers:

1. plnfixr320
2. BigDouggieDoug
3. sruiz
4. JP in a sweet FJ40

8:30 a.m. at the gas station on Hook Creek Rd. Jensen's Minute Shoppe, CA - Google Maps

CB channel 13

Be there or be square!!

·
Trail Snail
3,246 Posts
I see I'll be in good company, so bring it on Dishpan!!! :ninja:

Thanks for setting up this run, Phil.

·
Premium Member
18,479 Posts
Tentative! Added to SoCal calender also.

·
Premium Member
18,479 Posts
Teaser!

·
Premium Member
18,479 Posts
lol, something like that. The stock tires. :rofl:

·
Registered
280 Posts
The AAT club has done some work on the Dispan trail making the waterfall area much easyer on the far left. Hope I didn't dissappoint you Doug:)

mk

·
Premium Member
18,479 Posts
Mike, they should've left that side unchecked. It now looks paved...

·
Registered
280 Posts
The other 2 routes through this section are unchanged and I'm sure after a couple of good rains the challenge will be back.

·
Premium Member
18,479 Posts
They did extend the western section though. I can't wait to see what they did there.

·
Registered
267 Posts
If this is an open invitation, I'd like to put my name on the list-still need to doublecheck on a possible conflict though. Be great to catch up with you guys (Phil and Doug) again.

How would this stack up to Bullfrog?

Tony

·
Registered
280 Posts
If this is an open invitation, I'd like to put my name on the list-still need to doublecheck on a possible conflict though. Be great to catch up with you guys (Phil and Doug) again.

How would this stack up to Bullfrog?

Tony
Bullfrog...I can answer that. Bullfrog has about 2 dozen obstacles, while Dispan has only 2 notable ones.

·
Trail Snail
3,246 Posts
Looking forward to wheeling with you again Tony.

Side note: Let's do BullFrog again, soon!!!!!! I love that area!!!!!!

·
Registered
267 Posts
Spoke too soon, conflict confirmed. Slim chance of me getting out of it either. Really bummed about missing this one.

I'll stay tuned in case of any date change but if not have a great/safe run and I'll look for you guys next time.

Thanks

·
Premium Member
18,479 Posts
+1 on Bullfrog too!

·
Registered
864 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Bummer you can't make it tcangas, it would have been great to see you again. You're right we need to get out to cougar buttes again! Winter is coming so it will be time to get out into the desert again.

1 - 20 of 67 Posts