Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking at joining my Daughter & her boyfriend at Ride Royal Blue Resort near Pioneer TN. They have 2 side x sides. I have a FJC. To anyone who has been in this area , are there trails here that we can both run? Looking for moderate trails. She has already booked a cabin for a week in July. If my wife & I join them we would be staying in our motor home at the resort.

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes I am familiar with Windrock, but my daughter already made her reservations at Ride Royal Blue. I have never been to Windrock or anywhere else in TN wheeling. Is Windrock close to the RRB ?

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
PHP:

According to Google Maps, they are 1 hour apart.
Forgive my ignorance, after I posted the question of distance, I googled it & found the same info. Thanks for your reply.

·
Registered
6 Posts
From Knoxville myself and Windrock (and surrounding trails) is actually the only place around here that Ive been. If you did go to Windrock from Pioneer, take 297W to Norma Road. Then Norma to 116W towards Frozen Head State Park (also called New River Road). There is a back entrance to Windrock from Phillips Cemetery Road. Pretty easy trail besides one small section at the end (still made it up with a stock FJ in the past). It will kick you out on their G7 Trail. May cut down on the time it takes to get there instead of going around to the front entrance. You will still have to pay whatever they charge at Windrock once you cross over onto G7. The "Flatspot" is right near there though and probably has the best view of anywhere in Windrock.

Curious to hear back about Ride Royal Blue if you stay there. Good Luck!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts