Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Short notice on this one
I want to do a shake down run on my new stuff.

Found this notice on the Cascade Cruisers forum.
TSF 12/26/10 Trails and Snow run

Any body?

Larry

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Although your idea of a shakedown with that setup might mean trouble for me :)
I just got her road ready and plan to go easy to check clearances and see about spring rate and shock valving. Haven't built the transfer case skid either. Be "treading lightly" tomorrow.

Larry

·
Registered
692 Posts
RoseCityCzar, I'll go. I have no idea where Rogers camp is though. Anywhere that we can meet that I could follow you the rest of the way in?
Billy: Download the Tillamook State Forest OHV mao from here. Pop it open and you'll see that Rogers Camp trailhead is a left off HWY 6 just past mile marker 33, coming from the east. Coming from the west, of course, it will be on your right just before mile marker 33. It's at the crest of a hill and is marked.

-- Paul

·
Premium Member
1,017 Posts
Billy: Download the Tillamook State Forest OHV mao from here. Pop it open and you'll see that Rogers Camp trailhead is a left off HWY 6 just past mile marker 33, coming from the east. Coming from the west, of course, it will be on your right just before mile marker 33. It's at the crest of a hill and is marked.

-- Paul
Great thanks!

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Met up with a few jeepers from Those Guys Off-Road club.
Had to head home early but had a great time.
snotty and muddy down low 6 " of snow at the higher elevations.

Fire Break 5 obstacle still a challenge

Staging

Wish I could have stayed longer.

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
How'd things shake out with the rig, Larry?

-- Paul
Very pleased.
Ground clearance much improved.
Front locker awesome.

Still had to work hard on the fire break 5 obstacle. Should have aired down more. Wasn't carrying a spare only aired down to 18 psi not much of a bulge on those MTR's
Didn't wheel too much fairly large group with a broken tie rod to fix.
Looking forward to another run soon.

Larry

·
Premium Member
16,779 Posts
Very pleased.
Ground clearance much improved.
Front locker awesome.

Still had to work hard on the fire break 5 obstacle. Should have aired down more. Wasn't carrying a spare only aired down to 18 psi not much of a bulge on those MTR's
Didn't wheel too much fairly large group with a broken tie rod to fix.
Looking forward to another run soon.

Larry
Larry,

Rig is looking GREAT! Looks like a behemoth next to those tiny Jeeps.

Do you have a build thread? I looked but didn't see one. I'd love to see the transformation and details of your solid axle swap. Looks like it was done really well. What axles, gear ratio, and size MTRs you running now?

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

·
Premium Member
16,779 Posts
High pinion dana 44
4.88 gears w/arb
fox 12" coil-overs
37 12 17 MTR

stock rear axle with 4.88 gears.
FJ 80 front springs

Larry
Nice!
Did you harvest the axle out of a Wagoneer or something similar or pick it up new?

Did i read that right? You have 80 series front coils on the rear of the FJ? Any particular reason for this?

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Nice!
Did you harvest the axle out of a Wagoneer or something similar or pick it up new?

Did i read that right? You have 80 series front coils on the rear of the FJ? Any particular reason for this?
I found the axle on craig's list. It's out of a 1977 or so ford 3/4 ton. The outers are chevy early 80's.
I needed about 5 "lift over stock and the landcruiser springs fit the bill.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts