Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm going to try this one again since the last time I tried my plans got screwed up by last minute travel for work. Anyone interested in hitting Brown's camp for a day trip sometime in the near future? I have yet to experience it. Finally have my CB. No hi lift yet but I do have a shovel B-)

PM Me or reply on here. Or if you know of some jeep groups that go on a regular basis I wouldn't be against joining them since this group seems kind of dead in this neck of the woods (a lot of central washington guys, it seems)

·
Registered
2,038 Posts
Don't let it get you down, TSF had snow earlier which makes getting around for everyone (including the 4 wheel drives) difficult. Looks like a bunch of stuff is closed right at the moment for timber sale, but with a little warmer weather I'm sure you'll get plenty of interest from people wanting to get out of hibernation...

Oregon Department of Forestry - Tillamook State Forest OHV Trail Report

There are lots of people in your neck of the woods that would be great to go wheeling with on any trails. Maybe us Washington people just talk more... for better or worse ;)

·
Registered
692 Posts
Like Jeff wrote, the season isn't always conducive at BC. More recently there was a mudslide on HWY 6 impeding access from the east.

Anyway, there is a pretty sizable contingent of NWFJCC members in and around the greater PDX area that regularly frequent BC. And then there are those of us more than willing to make a four or more hour one-way trip to wheel BC.

I'm itching to get back to BC soon....

-- Paul

·
Premium Member
333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

·
Registered
692 Posts
Good to hear. I would love to meet more Oregon/Washington FJ guys.

I got invited to this Tacomaworld run on February 19th. Northwest Oregon Scheduled Meet Calendar - Page 4 - Tacoma World Forums

Hopefully some trails open by then. It would be awesome if some more FJ's joined up. I would imagine it will be a pretty low-key run since a few of the participants are running stock TRD Off Roads with stock tires.
Mike (Chickenmunga) is a good guy and also part of the NWFJCC. You should have fun.

-- Paul

·
Registered
403 Posts
Been working alot as of late, but need to hit the trails soon!

pm me and we'll figure out when we have time to hit it.

I'll aim to join the pick up guys on 2/19 if I can.

Aloha-Bill

·
Premium Member
412 Posts
I'll try and check back often enough to be aware of any runs. I will have a few weekends off in the next few weeks so I'm game.

I do run a pretty much stock machine though and am still a little paranoid about too much road rash ;) Yes. I am a wuss. Blah blah blah...

·
Premium Member
333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

·
Registered
255 Posts
Hit the forest for some wheeling.

Unbelievable difference.
Video of an entrance filter to Airplane hill trail

The filter is to keep rigs out that will destroy the obstacle farther down the trail. It was dry all day then a storm blew through with hard rain. Rain makes a challenging trail nearly impossible as you slide off the rocks you need to climb. It should dry out by July.

Larry

·
Premium Member
333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks for sharing Larry! Doesn't look like any of the trails I will be able to cover! :lol:

·
Premium Member
412 Posts
Well I had hopes of the 19th run but it's not going to happen. Hope you all have a great time.

·
Premium Member
333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
1 - 15 of 15 Posts