• no

Votes: 2 3.3%

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Ok just trying to gauge how many think its too dangerous or just follow the proper safety equip guidelines I.E. proper car seat installation. My son is 2 1/2 that is why i ask i think he would have an absolute blast. More explanation in later posts

·
Registered
273 Posts
I have been taking my son out since he was 6 months, he loves it. I would say though that know where you are going and the trails that your running if you have a child with you. Also take extra gear just in case something does go wrong. I pack a tent, extra food and cloths stove and entertainment for him even on sort runs. You never know. You should also make sure the seat is correctly fitted and secures you child well in case of roll over

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
By "wheeling" I mean going off road. Sure besides all the safety gear roll over and river crossings would be my only concern. Thats stuff is easy enough to avoid by just not going on trails that contain that type of terrain. Btw my son rides in a Recaro seat. Safety 1st.

·
Registered
2,180 Posts
generally speaking of course it is for most of the type of off roading done by most folks (thats the assumtion i have to make since your question is so broad) of course it depends on the specific trail/road traveled, vehicle condition, driver skill, and weather conditions...

·
Registered
1,531 Posts
perfectly okay imo... my dad went wheeling with me when i was a baby every weekend i go out to the trials and theirs like 4 years old zipping around on dirt bikes i think it just depends on the kind of person you are... i no when my kids are born if i get any ill damn sure wheel with them but Florida is much more mud based so that a whole lot safer then rock climbing....

·
Premium Member
1,963 Posts
Good feedback, and yeah I wasn't talking anything extreme:rocker:.
After reading everyone else's posts, I would like to retract my original "NO" answer, but I can't. But if I did, you would be at 100%. So, I owe you (and everyone else) an apology!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Of course it all depends on the driver and trail. That said, I think my daughter is probably safer when we are off road, rahter than on pavement in town.

·
Registered
729 Posts
best family fun around!!!!!!but like said use caution and bring extra supplies for when s**t happens. Wheelin with kids around is great fun, but put more people at danger if parents are not being responsible with there children.Keep a close eye on them at all times little guys and gals move fast and can be in harms way to quickly.Small people get out off line of site easy and can easily get run down,over or killed.Bring them out just keep them close and teach them proper trail rules, from when there young .It will help keep trails open for them when its there turn to drive:bigthumb:

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
My son (who's 5) and I LOVE to wheel and as he gets older we'll do more. I have taken him out since he's been 2 and I use a wheelchair - he helps load it some times too!!

As the others have said you should drive differently depending on who you have with you. I do - or at least since my accident that put me in a wheelchair!!

·
Premium Member
2,753 Posts
My daughter (2 years old) did Hell's revenge this year. She had a blast. She loves to wheel.

I think wheeling is safer than freeway driving. Of course I fancy myself a careful driver. I worry more about other people on the road causing an accident at high speed.

·
Registered
74 Posts
agreed to all. my son loves it and all the guys i go out with get a kick out of him as well, and of course i enjoy having my son around for some good quality time that both of us can enjoy. he is 5 years old and i take him with me almost every time. when its time for spotting or scouting just let them get out and go play in the mud, or mess around in the creeks, help throw rocks and limbs into holes, its all good fun to them.

·
Premium Member
2,660 Posts
Life's too short not to spend as much time with you kids as you can. Use your head, don't do anything stupid and enjoy the time you have with then. Soon they'll be teenage and won't want anything to do with you.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 22 Posts