Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went today to purchase new wheels and tires for the FJ. I thought it was going to be a easy purchase. I then found out that the wheels I would like KMC XD hoss have a hub diameter of 106mm, the FJ hubs are 108mm. The shop told me that the wheels needed to be bored out, is this safe? Should I have concerns with this? I was also under the inpression that the stock wheels studs where only 3/4 inch long, aftermarket wheels could NOT SAFELY be installed. To correct this you need wheel spacers. This shop told me that this was not true. I am really confused on mounting new wheels and tires up. I have the following questions.
1. Is the backspacint 4.5-4.75
2 is the offset 0-18mm?
3 Do you need spacers?
4 With a 3" lift do you need to body chop for 285/70
5 Is there any aftermaket wheels that will mount directly up without any issues?

·
Premium Member
742 Posts
Dude, don't even think about buying wheels some shop tells you you have to "boreout." SUPERBAD idea. As for the rest, I'll leave that to the specification experts, but by all means, find something you don't have to modify in terms of wheels to put on your rig. There is a huge variety of wheels that work on the FJs.

Regards,

Mike

·
Registered
883 Posts
yeah bro... id be really leery of wheels that you have to bore out ... especially when there are tons of wheels out there that fit just fine with out doing something like that to

1 - 3 of 3 Posts