Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
I'm trying to decide what size wheel spacers I would like to purchase. Anyone have any before and after pictures of the 1.25 an 1.5?
No - but having seen mine (1.25) and my brother-in-law's (1.5) it's a difference so small as not to be effectively captured in a photo - or by the human eye. That kind of difference is not about how the vehicle/wheels/tires look, but about which would be more useful in mounting larger tires obstruction-free, and how a particular tire/wheel combo would best tuck in beneath the fender. Rule of thumb is save your bearings and choose the smallest possible spacer to do the job you want.

·
Registered
10,293 Posts
I have the 1.25 Spidertrax spacers and after speaking directly to Spidertrax when I bought them, they said the only safe/recommended option for an Fj with stock wheels are the 1.25 spacers. I know All Pro makes 1.25 and 1.5s but I'm not familiar with those. I would only go with 1.25s personally for safety reasons.

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com App

·
Banned
6,390 Posts
I have the 1.25 Spidertrax spacers and after speaking directly to Spidertrax when I bought them, they said the only safe/recommended option for an Fj with stock wheels are the 1.25 spacers. I know All Pro makes 1.25 and 1.5s but I'm not familiar with those. I would only go with 1.25s personally for safety reasons.

Ditto what he said ^^^:rocker:

here`s ours ;)
http://www.fjcruiserforums.com/forums/wheels-tires/155172-spidertrax-1-25-spacer-install-oem-alloys-2011-fj.html

·
Registered
212 Posts
I have 1.5" all pros on the fronts and nothing in the reat, but I am going to take them off and switch to spidertrax 1.25 all the way around

·
Premium Member
2,395 Posts
Spidertrax 1.25" Wheel Spacers :rocker:

These were recommended. I have a similar setup like yours and have no regrets. I also had the BMC done at the same time.

:cheers:

·
Banned
6,390 Posts
He`s running aftermarket wheels which are non hub centric. maybe he could better utilize an ET style lug for wheel to spacer.
There is info here on the forum illustrating how to go about it and what spacers should be used.

OP, Take a look thru Old Cruiser`s build thread...

·
Registered
10,293 Posts
Nice shot there smalldog^^^
Thanks! That was out on the Silver Mountain trail near the Bonneville Salt Flats. I wasn't out to set a land speed record that day :jester:

What Pale Rider said last concerned me too in regard to aftermarket wheels most of which are non hub centric. I run oem steelies and they have been awesome and have never loosened a bit.

Spidertrax seems like a small, quality operation and when I called them, the guy went out of his way to answer all of my questions and then some! I just pulled the Colorado # off their website. :cheers:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts