Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As a potential FJ buyer, I would be interested to know which production year models have this new and improver inner fender. What production year model did this start on?

Thank you.....

·
Registered
2,376 Posts
yup 2010s have modified inner fenders, but one of the members on here has a fender bulge on his 2010, but he also wheels hard

·
Registered
5,507 Posts
I heard the first revision was on late build 08's. There were also some frame changes on the 2010. That's not to say the fenders didn't get a second revision though on the 2010.:cheers:

·
Premium Member
17,641 Posts
Late 08's & 2009's were the first to get newly designed inner fenders. However, that doesn't nessecarily mean improved. I believe there are late 08's and early 09's with fender tears, cracks, or buldges.

2010's got a new frame, but still apparently are susceptible to cracks.

I wouldn't base your purchase year based on fenders, personally. Just make sure the one you buy doesn't have them when you drive it off the lot.

·
Registered
252 Posts
I wouldn't base your purchase year based on fenders, personally. Just make sure the one you buy doesn't have them when you drive it off the lot.
Are you suggesting he buy one without fenders? :lol:

Sorry, just the way you phrased it. :bigthumb:

·
Registered
2,698 Posts
Sir, I believe your, vehicle, why it appears to be missing the, fenders. Ghastly.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
What are the frame changes for the 2010 models?

·
Registered
428 Posts
yup 2010s have modified inner fenders, but one of the members on here has a fender bulge on his 2010, but he also wheels hard
I also know someone that has an 2010 and he has fender cracks as well. His happened while prerunning in Baja.

When mine first cracked, I was upset for about half a day. Then I realized I'll just keep modifying the truck. Soon it will be a Class 3 race truck.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts