Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

21 - 40 of 71 Posts

·
Registered
229 Posts
I'll be placing my order by the end of the month!!

Reactions: PureFJCruiser

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
Ordered, thanks.

·
Registered
56 Posts
just got back from my local powdercoat guy. $150 to sand blast ... (off site ). $200 to powder coat. ****... I did not think I would need them blasted... but the PC guy said if you want it to last, that's what you have to do.

·
Registered
333 Posts
just got back from my local powdercoat guy. $150 to sand blast ... (off site ). $200 to powder coat. ****... I did not think I would need them blasted... but the PC guy said if you want it to last, that's what you have to do.
The sand blasting is not necessary but I would recommend it absolutely. The sandblasting will etch and clean the metal. This will help the powder coat stick the sliders. I would also recommend epoxy coating them before the final powder coat.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Yes that's what I was thinking... I plan on keeping my FJ for a good long time so I figured I may as well go all out and do it right. My guy will have it blasted, epoxy coated and the powder coated.

The sand blasting is not necessary but I would recommend it absolutely. The sandblasting will etch and clean the metal. This will help the powder coat stick the sliders. I would also recommend epoxy coating them before the final powder coat.

·
Registered
1,720 Posts
Thats really high. Have you gotten other quotes? I got some quotes like yours but ended up finding a place that sandblasted and powder coated for $150 total.

·
Registered
56 Posts
These were the only guys that I know of their work... I could go else where but I would have to do more local research... and at this time I just want to get them installed. In my case if I had to do it all over again I would not buy anything un-coated. That was a mistake.
Thats really high. Have you gotten other quotes? I got some quotes like yours but ended up finding a place that sandblasted and powder coated for $150 total.

21 - 40 of 71 Posts