Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

41 - 60 of 71 Posts

·
Registered
314 Posts
hope another sale is coming soon.. bend a side step bracket on some rocks.. defiantly need sliders now

·
Registered
94 Posts
I am waiting on my new PureFJ sliders to arrive so I'm hopeful that it's a long way away. Sorry folks :) I paid full price but I've seen these on some other trucks and they look like the real deal so after a recent "oh sh*t" trail run it was the first thing I did when I got home. Hope they get here in time for our run to the Anti-Summit in Ouray next week!

·
Registered
361 Posts
Excellent! Thank you!
It was awesome meeting you guys in person at FJ Summit this year. Being able to actually shake the hands of the people of "Pure FJ Cruiser" was really unique. You guys have outfitted both of our "kids" and I want to pass on a whole hearted thank you for what you do. The sliders on Angry Orange proved their worth at both Summit and Moab and now it's time we upgraded the sliders on Mean Green. After seeing how many people had yours on AND put them to good use (often) at summit this year, we'll be buying a set of your Pure FJ sliders very soon. I was just wondering if you will be having a special or sale in the near future before we purchase. You guys ROCK!!!!:rocker:

·
Vendor
1,481 Posts
It was awesome meeting you guys in person at FJ Summit this year. Being able to actually shake the hands of the people of "Pure FJ Cruiser" was really unique. You guys have outfitted both of our "kids" and I want to pass on a whole hearted thank you for what you do. The sliders on Angry Orange proved their worth at both Summit and Moab and now it's time we upgraded the sliders on Mean Green. After seeing how many people had yours on AND put them to good use (often) at summit this year, we'll be buying a set of your Pure FJ sliders very soon. I was just wondering if you will be having a special or sale in the near future before we purchase. You guys ROCK!!!!:rocker:
Hello! It's always nice to meet customers face to face. The Summit and similar events are perfect for that!

Now that you mention it, we are having the sale RIGHT NOW!!!! :clap:

Go to Pure FJ Cruiser to order your set today!

·
Registered
361 Posts
ORDERED!!!!! Can't wait for them to arrive. Thank you.

Reactions: PureFJCruiser

·
Registered
67 Posts
I got mine last night and can't wait to put them on. However, I still need to prep, sand, and paint them. Do you guys have any tips and suggestions?

·
Premium Member
7,886 Posts
I got mine last night and can't wait to put them on. However, I still need to prep, sand, and paint them. Do you guys have any tips and suggestions?
Depends on how much surface corrosion is already on there. I would hand sand lightly, wipe with acetone and shoot for making the surface as clean as possible. Then a coat or two of primer (I'd suggest "rustoleum rusty metal primer", even for not rusty metal) and rustoleum satin black paint. Follow instructions on the cans, put on a couple black coats. Should be good to go! :)

Oh, and use lots of antiseize on the bolts!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Put mine on 2 days ago. Just a little heads up, follow the instructions when installing. If you " man the f up" and decide to to install while holding up with legs/one hand and inserting bolts with the other hand it turns into a real PITA!

·
Vendor
1,481 Posts
Put mine on 2 days ago. Just a little heads up, follow the instructions when installing. If you " man the f up" and decide to to install while holding up with legs/one hand and inserting bolts with the other hand it turns into a real PITA!
LOL! Can I quote that on the website? :p

I totally did it that way. If I did it the easy way, then I would have to turn in my man card.

·
Registered
5 Posts
LOL! Can I quote that on the website? :p

I totally did it that way. If I did it the easy way, then I would have to turn in my man card.
Hell yeah! Throw that up on the site.

I am extremely happy with these sliders
They look great and are extremely sturdy. I am looking forward to getting these out on the trails to really test them out.

Attachments

·
Registered
94 Posts
Depends on how much surface corrosion is already on there. I would hand sand lightly, wipe with acetone and shoot for making the surface as clean as possible. Then a coat or two of primer (I'd suggest "rustoleum rusty metal primer", even for not rusty metal) and rustoleum satin black paint. Follow instructions on the cans, put on a couple black coats. Should be good to go! :)

Oh, and use lots of antiseize on the bolts!
This is what I did and they have held up really well so far.
I used about 5 cans of primer, and about 10 cans of paint.

·
Premium Member
7,886 Posts
This is what I did and they have held up really well so far.
I used about 5 cans of primer, and about 10 cans of paint.
Awesome! While this is brought up, I've heard wiping WD40 on is a good way to remove light surface rust. Never tried it though. Just use acetone afterwards and make sure you remove it all before paint! :cheers:

·
Vendor
1,481 Posts
Right now they are taking around 5-7 business days to build and ship. With the Thanksgiving holiday, it put things a couple days behind. I should have tracking for you soon! Lemme know if you don't get it in the next day or so.

Ray

41 - 60 of 71 Posts