Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Banned
6,390 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I can`t remember any other vehicle I`ve ever owned that gets so wet "inside" the cab when it rains... It is so annoying that the entire door panel and switches get dooshed within a few seconds of getting in and out of the FJ when it`s raining... I have no clue what to to about it other than carry a towel in the rig and just wipe it down...

I use 303 on the door panels and it streaks like mad after it gets wet...

Toyota didn`t anyone think of this???

·
Registered
10,293 Posts
It never rains here :wave:

Just tons of snow in the Winter :rocker:

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
174 Posts
I guess I haven't really noticed, but our Mazda cx-9 is by far worse when having to roll the window down during pissing rain.

The cx-9 windows angle towards the top so even the slightest crack pours rain in, then the wipers push the water right into the side window. Hit up a drive thru in rain and not only did the door collect the water but I looked like I had been swimming.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Banned
9,090 Posts
I have noticed this too but attributed it to the fact that our doors are really really vertical. Most vehicle doors I've ever had have been slightly concave (to fit the overall aerodynamics of the vehicle) so the actual interior grab handle/armrest area is actually shielded a bit from above when open

·
Premium Member
11,027 Posts
G'day PR,
Fact of life mate.
Vertical BIG doors...
I carry a tea towel too, for just drying the inner panel.
You could always, just not go out in the rain... Haha
Cheers
Baz

·
Registered
2,698 Posts
Same thing here. After getting the door and my arm wet I always look around for something and say "I really should carry a little towel in here." But I never do. I just man up and live with a wet door and arm.

·
Registered
3,283 Posts
I haven't really thought about it until you mention it, now it's probably going to p.ss me off when it rains ..... Thanks for that , it's likely more noticeable then with other vehicles because there is no upholstery and carpet to absorb and hide any water. On the up side you have three windshield wipers .
Looks like you have just found your next Mod, a big pop up umbrella.

·
Premium Member
13,321 Posts
Plastic dip the door. Then once inside- peel it off... :lol::lol:

:thefinger:

·
Premium Member
3,539 Posts
yeah,a PITA ... I worry about shorting out the window switches, but never carry a towel ... maybe carrying an umbrella is the solution ... I kinda got used to it in my Heep ... it was always leaking ...
:cheers:

2007 FJ Cruiser – Voodoo Blue - C Pckge – AT
Toytec Ultimate 3” Lift / Total Chaos UCA
285/70R/17 Michelin LTX A/T
Clazzio Seat Covers

In the Mail – DeMello Hybrid Sliders / ECGS 3rd member 4.56 gears /
ECGS Front Diff 4.56 gears / ARB Front Locker / ARB mini compressor

·
I Have a V-8!! Moderator
30,824 Posts

·
Registered
10,293 Posts
https://www.dometic.com/enus/Americas/USA/RV-Products/awnings/Products/?productdataid=73112

Switch mounts inside so you can crawl in close the door and then hit the switch to power the awning so that it retracts. Then when you get to where you are going, you can power the awing back out and then get out. It will give you room to fold up or fold out your umbrella. No more getting wet except for the tears.....
That sounds like an option that would only come on a Bentley or Rolls :lol:

He already has an ARB awning, but with no motor :lol:

·
Registered
10,293 Posts
Head to Utah. Mystical wheeling and dry :rocker: I immigrated here about 15 years ago from the East Coast and never looked back, except for the food!

·
Premium Member
4,564 Posts
Mod idea: weld up a piece of angle iron along the side of the roof and give it slope. Weld it from the bottom with a slight tilt up. It'll act as a rain gutter. It'll look cool, too! People will ask all kinds of questions. Run it the entire length or it'll look dumb as hell. If you use a big enough piece it'll act as a skid on those off-camber trails where trees are present. :bigthumb:

·
Registered
3,993 Posts
Mod idea: weld up a piece of angle iron along the side of the roof and give it slope. Weld it from the bottom with a slight tilt up. It'll act as a rain gutter. It'll look cool, too! People will ask all kinds of questions. Run it the entire length or it'll look dumb as hell. If you use a big enough piece it'll act as a skid on those off-camber trails where trees are present. :bigthumb:
That's the dumbest fokin thing I've heard in a long while.....

:rofl::cheers::wave:

1 - 20 of 24 Posts