Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,493 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just figured I would post up so all us locals can get an idea of where everyone is going to be staying at summit (and if you want, you can put in trail times) in case any of us want to get together or go visit.
Once I get my vacation approved I will post mine up.

·
Premium Member
7,676 Posts
Best Western :rocker:

·
Registered
930 Posts
Still looking for a place to put the pop-up and yet still be in the middle of everything...

Any ideas from someone that's been to the event before?

I also heard there was a Front Range convoy headed down, is this true?

Cannot wait to make my reservations this Friday! 3 more from Colorado...

·
Registered
838 Posts
Box Canyon Apartment

·
Premium Member
1,163 Posts
In my Kamparoo at the KOA

·
Premium Member
45 Posts
Ouray Victorian Inn,
I am so excited this will be our first summit!

·
Catalyst
9,205 Posts
JammerGirl and I will be at the Ouray Hotel again. ...walking distance to everything in town. :bigthumb:

Still looking for a place to put the pop-up and yet still be in the middle of everything...

I don't know about right in town, but if you get to the point where you just want a place to camp and don't want to spend the money, just PM me. I can point you in the right direction to a number of spots in the surrounding National Forest.

·
Registered
1,411 Posts
We are at the KOA. Got 4 camp sites, 2 are taken. Was going to hang on to them for anyone that may wait till the last minute like I did last year.

If you need a spot and can't get one, let me know.

·
Forum Detective
2,273 Posts

Might try the 4J's. It is RV park/campground and it is in the middle of town on the river. Little crowded, but doable.

·
Premium Member
185 Posts
Still trying to work out the arrangements, though I have reservations at the Comfort Inn.
Arriving on Wednesday.
May be interested in a trail run on the way out there. Maybe around Monarch Pass just to make the drive interesting. I know just heading out on I-70 to GJ then turning south is just dull.
I checked a few days ago and there was still room at the Comfort inn, just a block and half from the BW.

·
Catalyst
9,205 Posts
Still trying to work out the arrangements, though I have reservations at the Comfort Inn.
Arriving on Wednesday.
May be interested in a trail run on the way out there. Maybe around Monarch Pass just to make the drive interesting. I know just heading out on I-70 to GJ then turning south is just dull.
I checked a few days ago and there was still room at the Comfort inn, just a block and half from the BW.
If nothing else, you could at least go over Cottonwood Pass on your way that direction. It's not offroading, but it's beautiful. There are other [actual] trails further North that you could use as a way of getting that direction, but I've just never been on any of them.

JammerGirl and I will be getting to Ouray on the Saturday before Sumit. So, unless anyone else wants to join us for the trip, we will (once again) miss out on any Front Range caravans.

Either way, we'll be there, awaiting your presence. :cheers:

·
Registered
7,562 Posts

4J+1+1. Walking distance from the Best Western. I stayed there in my pop up the past 3 years. A bit noisy, but the bathrooms are clean and like $25 a night.

This year I'll be at the Box Canyon Lodge, next door to the event headquarters. Deer walking by at night., hot tubs.

See you all in a few weeks, I hope. Stuff going on here. A friend is dealing with bad stuff. Lots going on at work, I'm stressed out in a major way. Really need to get to the mountains for a few days. Always clears my head. I hope nothing gets in the way.

·
Registered
930 Posts
Thanks for all the great ideas for a spot for the pop up all!
I can register Friday and really looking forward to to meeting you all this year!

·
Registered
7,562 Posts
I like you already... Find me and I have a Dale's Pale Ale with your name on it.
:cheers:
That is really nice of you. I do like the micro breweries and thank you for the offer. Two breweries in Ouray, one I've barteneded in once. I do home brew.

Hope to be working registration when you show up. My 5th Summit. Lived in Broomfield for a while, went to school there twice, spent time in your area. Look at the volonteer trail or the photo trail over Imogeme. Really fun stuff. Get on those trails. Then back to town for classes.

Hope you enjoy your trip to Ouray.

Brian

1 - 20 of 52 Posts