Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
2,874 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The boys in the SouthEast started this thread for their region... I felt left out...

I'm going to explore the Vegas Wash system, the Sheep Range, possibly up north into Utah for some exploring as well as Moab, and we have the second week of May scheduled for Colorado and Wyoming. I have a feeling my vacation time just got a LOT more exciting.

·
Registered
2,057 Posts
i plan on finding every available trail around the bay area, up the hills, on the coast....and also longer trips in the sierras, lassen, shasta, coastal ranges up to and in portland. might even return to washington for some reminiscing in the olympics. use this rig to introduce my youngens to some progessively challenging camping and what not - fishing expeditions.

·
Registered
2,874 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No youngin's, but I'm planning the same for my girlfriend and the dog. A lot of my friends have never experienced that type of thing either and two of them have jeeps so I am sure this summer's camping season will be a hell of a lot more entertaining than in past years.

·
Registered
2,057 Posts
yea, im going to bug my buddy who has an xterra to get out and at least do some easy fishing trips - at least to get the things muddy and real. gotta have that inverter in the back for the electric cooler - gotta make sure the beers are ice fuckin cold!!!!!

first trip will be up around clear lake - gotta friend up there that is dying to see this thing. he's a crazy fj40 guy so im counting on him to guide me and show me the force.

·
Registered
42 Posts
I plan to take it up to my buddy's place at China Lake and hit up all of the nice trails out there. He's got a Jeep, so we'll probably take the families out camping in Mojave to see the joshua trees and the stars. Wide open spaces, tall f'in mountains and a few friends.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Lots of trips to the Big Horn mountains in WY, only 15 minutes away. Moab is a favorite and I have In-laws that live near some bad lands areas in Eastern Montana, North Dakota. The Black Hills of South Dakota will be seeing some FJ tracks also. It looks like it will be close to a year before mine shows up, congrats to those that are no seeing theirs in production:) cool.

·
Registered
2,874 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
No problem, I was born in Cheyenne - I won't run you off. Besides, I fully plan on invading your state. My favorite fishin' spot in the entire world is Pass Creek at Elk Mountain! AWESOME. I love brookies.

·
Registered
1,233 Posts
We haven't really planned our outings yet; most of our road travel has been to lakes and reservoirs within a 6 hours radius.

I'd like to go back to Shasta, when it's warmer than May. Never been to Lassen, so that's be fun. Annual trips to the Delta here in the Bay Area, where launching doesn't always include a paved ramp.

We try to make it to Don Pedro a couple times during the season, and we're due for a visit to Sonorra/New Melones reservoir too.

I've never been to Tahoe with the skis, so I'd like to try that at least once (with the wetsuits, of course!)

And I'd LOVE to go back to Lake Powell for the houseboat/jetski week like we had this past September. Now *that* was fun...

In short, it's be great to have the FJ by summer...

Sandi

·
Registered
644 Posts
Wow....you guys sound so friggin awesome. I hope someday all I do is go camping and drive across the country to find good hunting and fishing spots. To stay on topic, I plan to take my tC on some sweet open highways. There's a really nice straight road entering Tamaqua that I could probably hit 110. Maybe I'll hit some back country s-turns. See how the beast takes the curves, ya know? =)

·
Registered
11 Posts
I want to take on the Barret Jeep Trail at Wrights Lake (near Tahoe). Eventualy to take on the Rubicon of course. Just a lot of Sierra and foothill hideouts mostly.

·
Registered
45 Posts
I plan on driving out to colorado and do a snowboarding/offroading trip. It was always fun with my wrangler, but now it will be amazing in the FJ!

I also have always wanted to hit up moab.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Sandi_k said:
We haven't really planned our outings yet; most of our road travel has been to lakes and reservoirs within a 6 hours radius.

I'd like to go back to Shasta, when it's warmer than May. Never been to Lassen, so that's be fun. Annual trips to the Delta here in the Bay Area, where launching doesn't always include a paved ramp.

We try to make it to Don Pedro a couple times during the season, and we're due for a visit to Sonorra/New Melones reservoir too.

I've never been to Tahoe with the skis, so I'd like to try that at least once (with the wetsuits, of course!)

And I'd LOVE to go back to Lake Powell for the houseboat/jetski week like we had this past September. Now *that* was fun...

In short, it's be great to have the FJ by summer...

Sandi
Speaking of outside Sonora, there is some awesome trails to be had just before you get to Pinecrest lake. I know of some trails that go down to the Stanislaus river..great fly fishing also.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Mexico: Baja, Sonora, maybe Copper Canyon, definitely down the coast to San Carlos. And some local haunts here in Arizona, like Sedona's Broken Arrow trail and many others I don't know about but hope to find....

·
Registered
563 Posts
I couldn't take it anymore...after lurking here for a week, hyperventillating, dreaming and drooling over the FJ...I had to chime in...first of many trips will be to Death Valley...Titus Canyon is a definite stop on that trip...27 miles one way from Nevada back into the Valley in CA...Aaargh! I want my FJ NOW!!! Ahem, sorry...and thanks to all the valuable info and input.:)

·
Registered
2,874 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Arturus - we definitely have to hook up for some offroading especially if you are close enough for some death valley.

·
Registered
563 Posts
That'd be great Percy! Assuming my head doesn't explode from all of this anticipation. March 27th?!? Thankfully I didn't hear anything about the FJ in a couple years after first reading about it 3 years ago...only been obsessed for a little over a week.

I'm actually in Los Angeles...but loooove road trips and Death Valley...that dry heat and all...used to go exploring out there at least once a month back when I had my 94 4Runner...that baby got me through the hinterlands of DV so many times and the thought of it breaking down on me never even entered my mind...though I did bust the tranny on a friends Bronco (long story)...with that in mind I imagine the FJ will kick some arse out on those trails!

1 - 20 of 58 Posts