Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
963 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just to follow the trend, where are you going to go in your FJ? Sure, the NW isn't known for great trails but we still got some nice 4x4ing areas.

I myself am gonna spend alot of time up in the hills exploring for ghost towns and stuff like that.

- LC

·
Registered
121 Posts
Anywhere the bloody tourists can not get in their rented SUV's or any SUV that never sees anyreal dirt.. UTAH, Arizona & anywhere in central cali anyone can suggest to get away from the sealed roads for a couple of days!

·
Registered
88 Posts
Lost Cosmonaut said:
Just to follow the trend, where are you going to go in your FJ? Sure, the NW isn't known for great trails but we still got some nice 4x4ing areas.
- LC
Have we got any ghost towns around here?
But your question is good, Were am I going to go?

·
Registered
963 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
dogbert said:
Have we got any ghost towns around here?
But your question is good, Were am I going to go?
Ghost Towns is exactly where I'm going in mine! Unfortunately, some of the best areas are gated off now, up near Stampede Pass. But there's at least one lost Ghost Town I'm looking for up there that's on the free side of the gate as well as a bunch of other points of interest up there.

- LC

·
Registered
1,252 Posts
4/7-10/06, Pancho is heading to the Mexican border to blow off some steam and enjoy his new ride. Viva Terlingua!

·
Registered
115 Posts
im gonna go mudding! this thing is way more powerful than my straight 6 67 bronco. heheh

·
Registered
463 Posts
Back to my old stomping grounds in Northern California...

Trinity Lake - college buddies use to go twice a year. When the water is low there is an arm of the lake that recedes and leaves "The dust bowl". This is where I first got air born in a truck!! The "ball park" was a huge hard dirt lot by the lake. The first year I had a 68 Mustang. I did not give the Mustang the respect it deserved... but man did I have fun.

Arcata - Most of the beaches and dunes are closed... but I'm hoping there is still some beach driving... otherwise the EEL river has dirt roads and river access

Hwy 4 - Alpine lake near Ebbets pass

Whiskeytown Lake near Redding - miles of dirt roads and steep climbs - some hairy rock trails across the face of the mountain

Clear Lake - rumor of an ORV park - I'm checking the Forest Service web sites for more details.

Downieville up Hwy 49 - great Mt Bike riding - I ran in to a few trucks while out riding

·
Registered
115 Posts
SnoutDog said:
Back to my old stomping grounds in Northern California...

Trinity Lake - college buddies use to go twice a year. When the water is low there is an arm of the lake that recedes and leaves "The dust bowl". This is where I first got air born in a truck!! The "ball park" was a huge hard dirt lot by the lake. The first year I had a 68 Mustang. I did not give the Mustang the respect it deserved... but man did I have fun.

Arcata - Most of the beaches and dunes are closed... but I'm hoping there is still some beach driving... otherwise the EEL river has dirt roads and river access

Hwy 4 - Alpine lake near Ebbets pass

Whiskeytown Lake near Redding - miles of dirt roads and steep climbs - some hairy rock trails across the face of the mountain

Clear Lake - rumor of an ORV park - I'm checking the Forest Service web sites for more details.

Downieville up Hwy 49 - great Mt Bike riding - I ran in to a few trucks while out riding
that would be great if you found out about clear lake, i frequent the area just to go camping, sometimes at lake siskyou.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts