Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
formerly 13FJTT
753 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just checked hotels/motels for 17th through 22nd in Ouray area and most of them are more than $200 per night. Crazy expensive... I don't know if I should still book it for that price or search other options. I don't mind staying at cabins but rather not camp out if I can help it. Could you guys give me some recommendations? Thanks in advance.

·
Premium Member
2,157 Posts
I booked a while ago .

·
Registered
84 Posts
I just checked hotels/motels for 17th through 22nd in Ouray area and most of them are more than $200 per night. Crazy expensive... I don't know if I should still book it for that price or search other options. I don't mind staying at cabins but rather not camp out if I can help it. Could you guys give me some recommendations? Thanks in advance.
If you don’t mind driving in a little farther check the hotels in ridgeway. Maybe cheaper there. See ya at summit! :smile

·
MOAB SUPERSTAR
6,144 Posts
Because of the generous cancellation policies many people book well in advance and cancel if they don’t get in/can’t go. You might get lucky now that registration has passed. Look on any of the major hotel booking websites for info then try calling hotels you like directly...even request getting on their wait lists. There are many hotels, B&Bs, condos, etc in and around Ouray, so I’m betting you can find a reasonable room with a little bit of research. GL!

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
We always get one of the small cabins at the KOA up the road. It's really nice and relaxing out there and gives us a chance to get away from everything going on in Ouray, but we don't have to deal with a tent and have the added benefit of electricity and a secure place for all of our things.

·
Premium Member
8,990 Posts
You might also consider searching Airbnb and VRBO.

Reactions: BlueRidgeCruiser

·
Premium Member
2,100 Posts
We just got a condo from VRBO last week. Stuff available, and Montrose has about everything at reasonable prices. Bit of drive but if you don't party the night away it is okay.

·
Premium Member
8,990 Posts
We just got a condo from VRBO last week. Stuff available, and Montrose has about everything at reasonable prices. Bit of drive but if you don't party the night away it is okay.
And Ridgway is barely north of the KOA and they have VRBO and Airbnb too. Nice little town.

·
Registered
177 Posts
We have an airbnb in Ridgeway- when i checked
Last there were several to choose from.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Admin
7,317 Posts
I just booked a place in Ridgway. Some reasonable rates and it looks nice.
Only 10 miles from Ouray.
We decided against tenting this year..... "we" :rolleyes: :lol:
Ridgway-Ouray Lodge & Suites :: Rooms

·
Registered
232 Posts
This is my first year attending Summit. I was planning to tent camp. Do you guys have any reasons I shouldn't tent camp and/or any recommendations for a camp site?

Thanks!

·
Premium Member
8,990 Posts
This is my first year attending Summit. I was planning to tent camp. Do you guys have any reasons I shouldn't tent camp and/or any recommendations for a camp site?

Thanks!
No reasons not to. I tent camped at the KOA for Summits 3, 4, 5, and 6.

The KOA is probably booked up but they get cancellations. The 4J + 1 + 1 is good too and many stay at Ridgeway State Park too.
The KOA serves a good breakfast too but you have to have later trail times to take advantage of it.

·
Registered
232 Posts
No reasons not to. I tent camped at the KOA for Summits 3, 4, 5, and 6.

The KOA is probably booked up but they get cancellations. The 4J + 1 + 1 is good too and many stay at Ridgeway State Park too.

The KOA serves a good breakfast too but you have to have later trail times to take advantage of it.

Thanks for the info. I’ll start looking to reserve a site today!

·
Registered
173 Posts
I need to sort this out. Tentatively, just staying at my parents in Delta and making the drive. They also said something about about camping up on yankee boy.

·
Premium Member
1,392 Posts
We rent a Condo/Townhome off 2nd st every year. A few blocks from the event area.

We may start camping down there next year since we did purchase a Camper last month.
We'll be staying in the camper on the way down, but have booked our condo already. (Yes I know we can cancel, but we dont want too)
I started a thread about the camper (And maybe renting it here: http://www.fjcruiserforums.com/forums/2018-fjcruiser-summit/709618-camper-rent-feeler.html )

·
Registered
216 Posts
Whatever you decide get there as early as you can. The paid and free sites go fast.
Remember. Registration is on the Wednesday before so many non Summiters there through the weekend.

Sent from my SM-J700P using Tapatalk

·
Registered
110 Posts
I got a room in Ouray a couple months ago and there were only a couple left. I had to pay $170 a night and have a double bed and am Solo so definitely would considering having a roomie. Breakfast is included as well but as someone pointed out if you have early runs may not be able to take advantage. This is my first year and I had no idea. I really wanted to to camp but couldn't find any spots available to reserve.

Reactions: Thorn661 and aelway

·
Forum Beer Miester
4,028 Posts
I rented a really nice cabin above Ridgeway up around TrueGritCruiser’s neck of the woods, you can find some really great deals if you look around a bit.

BTW I jumped around hotels last year no problem, rooms are available if you don’t mind having to switch once or twice.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts