Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

3401 - 3420 of 4027 Posts

·
MOAB SUPERSTAR
6,135 Posts
I'll be that old guy that runs it down to the lake to get some early morning fishing in. It'll feel the same when I hop in and see that faded dash with dust and every little mark or scratch will remind me of a time when the old FJ and I had some really good times together. Good stuff!
Exactly :angel She’s my forever vehicle, actually more like a friend....and all the memories are part of what makes me smile with every mile :smile

·
Premium Member
900 Posts
Exactly :angel She’s my forever vehicle, actually more like a friend....and all the memories are part of what makes me smile with every mile :smile

I had written that too! A friend, one that’s there to help you out when you’ve got to reroof the house and shows up with a cooler of real beer and snacks! But I felt a little stupid anthropomorphising like that.... like maybe I’d gone hurtling past the line between cooky dude and creepy old guy who talks to things. Nice to see there’s at least one other potential nutball out there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
MOAB SUPERSTAR
6,135 Posts
I had written that too! A friend, one that’s there to help you out when you’ve got to reroof the house and shows up with a cooler of real beer and snacks! But I felt a little stupid anthropomorphising like that.... like maybe I’d gone hurtling past the line between cooky dude and creepy old guy who talks to things. Nice to see there’s at least one other potential nutball out there.

Trust me you’re in good company! Lots of us feel that way....just you were one of the brave ones who admitted it :grin

·
トヨタ Master
7,915 Posts
Trust me you’re in good company! Lots of us feel that way....just you were one of the brave ones who admitted it :grin
Admittance is the 1st step toward recovery...or so I've heard. :grin

Reactions: Lee44 and debFJVT

·
Registered
22 Posts
Hahaha yes! I talk to my cars too! Always have. They totally become part of the family. My FJ is my latest purchase and I think she's my favorite vehicle yet!
Shhhh, don't tell the others

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4,481 Posts
My wife and I went on another trail ride today. We have so many trails so close to home we literally just drive up the highway pick a different trail and see where it goes. This one was about 4 hours got on the trail about 6 miles from home. It started at Silverwood lake and headed up to about 5400 ft. It started out with a almost desert look with scrub brush and ended up in the giant pine trees at the top before coming back down the other side of the mountain and almost back to where we started. Came off the mountain about 4 miles from home. Its amazing how much offroading we can do only a few miles from home. Here are a few pictures to look at. :)
20190609_113802.jpg

Attachments

·
Premium Member
11,029 Posts
G'Day,
Launch on its maiden voyage of discovery.... the new pop top caravan ...took it outback for a shake down run...

Then went wheeling on some tracks.....

Fun weekend

Cheers
Baz
:blueblob:

Attachments

·
Premium Member
900 Posts
Drove around in the tornado/hurricane we had here in Dallas. Was not the intention, just got lucky I guess. It rained so hard the wipers were useless. Ended up dodging trees and downed power lines. Got to go through some deeeep but slow moving water. It was over the headlights of the VW Passat/Jetta who had stopped 1/3 of the way through. Gotta say, I’m happy I wasn’t in the 84 Square Body or in the Geo Metro....
Got behind someone in a Jeep Grand Cherokee. They were the biggest ....... wimps. Oh, there’s a leaf blowing across my path! Oh no! Water!!! Aaaaaa!!!! MUD!!!!! Even the gf was calling them names and she’s a Jeeper.

·
Premium Member
3,126 Posts
G'Day,
Launch on its maiden voyage of discovery.... the new pop top caravan ...took it outback for a shake down run...

Then went wheeling on some tracks.....

Fun weekend

Cheers
Baz
Nice, now you are approaching my idea of camping.. :wink

Reactions: bazross

·
Premium Member
3,126 Posts
Up to Mt Hood again. Ran some trails that were closed for snow.

First three. Snow mobile trail, couldn't fit in tunnel

IMG_0127.jpg

IMG_0129.jpg

IMG_0130.jpg

High Rock and Mt Hood

IMG_0131.jpg

IMG_0132.jpg

IMG_0134.jpg

IMG_0133.jpg

·
Premium Member
3,126 Posts
G'Day Lee,
hahaha, you are channeling my wife..... glamping ...or nought ....
:rofl::rofl:

Cheers
Baz
I should have said, Nice, now you are approaching my wife's idea of camping.. emphasis on 'approaching'.

I was looking, just looking, at some of the mini camp trailers, the ones with the back that swings up for the kitchen. She informed me that it would be no problem, plenty of room for just me. :grin

·
Premium Member
11,029 Posts
I should have said, Nice, now you are approaching my wife's idea of camping.. emphasis on 'approaching'.

I was looking, just looking, at some of the mini camp trailers, the ones with the back that swings up for the kitchen. She informed me that it would be no problem, plenty of room for just me. :grin
G'Day Lee,
hahaha, I totally understand.... I wanted an off road/off grid - go any where camper trailer .... wife wasn't having any of that...we tire kicked everything for several years..... the final compromise was the pop top.
Happy wife ....... happy life .....

Cheers
Baz

·
Registered
4,481 Posts
Since I`m still on vacation my wife and I decided to go find another trail today. Were probly going to go offroading Sunday also but back to the present story. :) We found another trail about 4 miles from our house that headed down the mountain. We got it about 1 mile maybe a little less and came across a paraglider / hand glider launch pad. There were actually two different gliders there. One guy and lady were taking their first ride on a paraglider and one guy had his hand glider there. So we stayed there for about 45 minutes watching these people flying. Those gliders are way bigger than I thought they were.
After that we continued down the mountain and after 11 miles we ended up at a road called Devils Canyon. Real easy trail. Good times. Here are a few pictures to look at.

20190614_134707.jpg

20190614_141024.jpg

20190614_142119.jpg

20190614_142235.jpg

20190614_153139.jpg

·
Premium Member
2,125 Posts
Took it out to test out my new Wheeling partner . O this looks easy , Ugg what did I get myself into ., Let’s do it . Lol.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
418 Posts
So after doing service on it had to take it out and get it good and dusty dirty. went out to Horseshoe lake /Dam. last week this was closed because of The Mountain Fire that burned a little over 7000 acres (human caused under investigation) . horseshoe road was closed the fire was on both sides of it. the Dam is about 37 miles south east of my house. not sure if you can see in the last photo in the center is a 3 1/2-4 ft rattle snake I ran into. that is the tail with rattles to the bottom.

Attachments

3401 - 3420 of 4027 Posts