Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

3501 - 3520 of 3967 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Finally took my FJ on a real wheeling trip and went to Sierra Trek weekend before last. My JK was still in the shop and I was all signed up,so I figured, what the hell let's see what it can do. It did really well and the only issue was the battery got loose and flopped around, luckily it didn't hit the fan. It was nice being one of the only Toyota's there

·
Mean Time Moderator
5,427 Posts
Drove up the Dalton to the Yukon River Crossing with my brother and his granddaughter so they could see the Yukon.
Think that should have said ‘wear’ the Yukon...:wink

·
Premium Member
899 Posts
I turned the radio off, had the windows down and took the long way home last night. 8 years and a few months with me; still no squeaks or rattles. 193,000 miles and it's just so......so....perfect, wonderful, awesome, fantastic, better than sliced butter. I lament the years I lost by not getting one when they came out but I'm so wildly ecstatic I have mine I can hardly see straight.

makes it kinda hard on traffic....

·
Registered
190 Posts
I took Mulie and some of her friends on our maiden run up Strawberry Pass. This trail connects Highway 50 and Highway 88 in California. It was less difficult than I had hoped.

Attachments

·
Registered
467 Posts
I took the Hell***** to have estimates for re-gearing from 3:88 to 4:56 after Xmas.

One place wanted $4200, another wanted $3900 - talk about pissed! And one of them said, "Whut?" when I asked about backlash adjustment...

Last 3 places I went were around $2000 - that helped settle me down.

·
Premium Member
2,968 Posts
I took the Hell***** to have estimates for re-gearing from 3:88 to 4:56 after Xmas.

On place. Clip clip. And one of them said, "Whut?" when I asked about backlash adjustment... cliip .
Hey, I know that place. :grin

·
Registered
4,332 Posts
My wife and I ran Pilot Rock trail backwards today. Its amazing how different a trail is just running it in the opposite direction. We had a great time. We came across a motorcyclist that hit a razor and I believe broke his leg. There were a lot of people there and had help coming so we continued on our way. We went fairly early and it was already hot when we got done. ( About 2-3 hours of offroading ). Feels good to be sitting in the house for awhile. Then back to the labor day weekend honey do list :)

·
Premium Member
899 Posts
It was a busy weekend. We worked 14 hour days and one of those days I only had 2.5 hours of sleep due to a gassy Boxer. Sweet dog but, woof, smelly. I finally gotten the FJ set up and useful. I used it as a rolling tool box this weekend.

Now that I've got it usable I can start working on the C20 again. It's been a long time since I've had a dead reliable vehicle.

·
Registered
6,011 Posts
Drove 60 miles to Durango CO for the monthly doctor visit. I took 550 there this time. The south end of Durango has several very large new condo complexes built and being built. There are several hundred units total. Plus another large luxury hotel.

On the way up there a Unimog went past going south. It looked very late model, and had a large camper style box on it. I drooled a bit.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Not today, but in the last week, I've put 700 miles on it. Took it to a cabin in Grand Lake for the weekend, went on a few hikes, took it into Idaho Springs today for some easy wheeling. It just soaked up the trail and has taken me to some wonderful spots.

Also, I've been intermittently sorting it out, cabin and engine air filters, Diode Dynamics mirror marker lights and license plate bulbs, and found that I need a 15A fuse for the cigarette plug. Hard to run my compressor to air back up without that little gem.

All in all, it's been a wonderful bonding experience

·
Premium Member
411 Posts
Took a trip up north Saturday afternoon. went by Stoneman Lake, Mormon Lake, and camped Saturday night by Lake Mary south east of Flagstaff. these are more of marsh areas than lakes. the north end of Lake Mary does have boat access and a lot of people fish there. these are all 6500-7200ft. stayed at a forest service campground at Lake Mary. came back through Oak Creek Canyon and Sedona on the way home. 270 miles round trip about 45 miles of it was what the forest service calls un-maintained road.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
259 Posts
Took a road trip to Fairbanks to (a) visit the grandkids and (b) fly out to moose camp for annual hunt. On the road, the transmission decided it did not want to downshift to pass. RPMs went up to 5000 but the tranny did not do a thing. Hmmm. I suppose I need to figure that out today. Any suggestions are always welcomed.

3501 - 3520 of 3967 Posts