Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

3761 - 3780 of 3841 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,713 Posts
Not making many trips to the mountain this winter. Jade makes lots of trips for coffee that are not reported.

Down to have coffee with friends at the crawler lot. (friend's used tractor lot). Good coffee and like minded; guns, bacon, politics etc..

·
Registered
34 Posts
I took my 2007 Voodoo Blue out for a short 2 hour drive right before sunset behind the mountains. I've always loved FJ's, had many but this year and color is my favorite. I've added the black wheels and rock rails. It's a 6 speed manual with only 98K on the odometer. This trip was to think and get a feel for the FJ that I rarely drive. I have too many vehicles, but more importantly I am still experiencing a sore hip after about 20-25 miles on the road by the way I sit while driving. I had a unexpected hip replacement in September and I still feel the effects of that now but only when I am sitting in the FJ. I do NOT feel that soreness in my other vehicles when driving them. I need more time to heal I am told by the surgeon but everything is ahead of schedule. I guess I will wait until May before making any kind of decision to sell it or not. The short trip last night was great, it ran like a new one and I heard no whines or squeals while cruising down the highway. In back of my mind I still feel like keeping it forever, even if it sits parked and is there when I want to take it out on or off road locally for short drives as far as the hip permits. Until this hip gets better, there is not much more I can do with the 2007 FJ Voodoo Blue but short local driving.

IMG_4509.jpeg

IMG_4516.jpeg

·
4-Corners Moderator
4,892 Posts
Wish my life wasn't filled with school work so I could actually GO somewhere, but here are some recent photos

·
Premium Member
406 Posts
went to the King Of The Hammers 2020
DSC_0129.JPG
DSC_0259.JPG
DSC_0804.JPG
DSC_0884.JPG
DSC_0878.JPG
DSC_0908.JPG
DSC_0043.JPG
DSC_0911 (2).JPG
DSC_0887 (2).JPG

·
Premium Member
406 Posts
DSC_0737 (2).JPG
And went to the King Of The Motos guess this defines the meaning Hard Enduro
DSC_0836.JPG
DSC_0189 (2).JPG
DSC_0209.JPG
DSC_0171.JPG
DSC_0278 (2).JPG
DSC_0232 (3).JPG

·
Registered
329 Posts
I drove up the side of a plowed snow bank and impressed all my coworkers.

·
Premium Member
2,713 Posts
Actually last Friday, just got around to downloading my pics.

Mt Hood to check out the trans shifting going up the mountain. Held 4th locked all the way up. TC Temp didn't get to 180F. Never done that before, always got into third and not locked.. Had it up to 220-230F before but it was summer and torque converter not locked.

Couldn't get onto any of our usual trails to see about low/mid power. Wish I had done the Tune before the Airaid intake. Definitely feels different. Retuning is not an issue, don't want to screw with the intake.

I'll continue this in the Raptor thread.

·
Registered
18 Posts
We used to go to Ghost Ranch with the family when I was young. Also, isn't there a monastery brewery around Abiquiu too?
You're referring to the Benedictine Monastery of Christ in the Desert on the Chama River in New Mexico. They make some of my most favorite beer here in NM. For those interested, their first product was Monks’ Ale and now they have great other options too (my favorite is their Dark Ale). The Monastery location about 13 miles down the Forest Road 151 (which generally follows along the Rio Chama) and is best traveled with a 4x4. I found it when they once had brewery tours and on-site tastings/sales, but that was too disruptive to the quiet monastic lifestyle and it was eventually closed. The monastery is generally north of the small town of Abiquiú, NM, and if you drop by Bode's General Merchandise Store you can get a taste or buy their beer inside. There's some great roads and off-road camping close by in the forests, and I like to fill up my half growler there when I head into the mountains.

·
Registered
114 Posts
We used to go to Ghost Ranch with the family when I was young. Also, isn't there a monastery brewery around Abiquiu too?
Yes it's called Monastery of Christ in the Desert and the brewery is called Abbey Brewing Co. They don't brew on site anymore. They used to have a tasting room onsite but it was short lived as it was not conducive to the monastic lifestyle.

·
Banned
890 Posts
went to work. so sad.:cry:

·
Registered
25 Posts
Yesterday, my (almost 14-year-old) son and I and my wife drove out to Ocean Shores, WA to fly kites and drive on the sand. The kid really enjoyed both, and decided that he'd have the most fun if he could fly the kite by driving down the beach and have the kite attached to the roof rack. He's weird that way, like his dad :p
Video: Flying a kite from the roof rack

3761 - 3780 of 3841 Posts