Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

3961 - 3969 of 3969 Posts

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
Friday I destroyed a rack and pinion on the side of a mountain at 11000'. Used my InReach to get ahold of buddy to track one down and bring it to me. 12 hrs later. Opened the box and a gust of wind blew the o rings into the rocks, gone. Got the rack in and drove off the mountain. The worst part was he brought the part to me in a Jeep. Then because he was 6 hrs away he towed his Jeep to the dirt on a trailer thinking of plan B. I ended up driving his Jeep home refusing to wave to another Jeep. Spent the night in the car waiting. The person with me had never been off roading before and was in shorts. Luckily I had my bag with my cold weather clothes. She took it like a champ and that was the key to success. I never could have gotten a message out without my InReach, I contacted 3 friends who were all ready to help simplify for the adventure

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
215 Posts
Beautiful!!! ^^^^
Mine is in my driveway for the next couple days. Finishing the minor rust remediation. Been putting it off until I got the new skids. Probably the longest I will not have driven it since I got it 1 yr ago. Hope to finish and get the new skids on by Tues. or Wed. Looks good for now.

Attachments

·
Desert Moderator
6,521 Posts
Nowhere. But going to the beach early tomorrow morning for an open water swim, now that the beaches are open...

·
トヨタ Master
7,706 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,022 Posts
A little pre run . Camping at the top of driveline hill on Fordyce trail

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,971 Posts
Another run up Mt Hood to check out the trans cooler. Very pleased with the results. I'll post about that in "What did you do to"

Beautiful clear day. Went up the Hwy-26 side and back Hwy-224 with a stop at High Rock. Just under 5,000'.

IMG_0594.JPG

IMG_0595.JPG

IMG_0603.JPG

IMG_0605.JPG

3961 - 3969 of 3969 Posts