Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

4061 - 4080 of 4126 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,574 Posts
Not today but recently. Trip to the coast and took this about sunset. First time I noticed the 'G' on the hillside is lighted.

@Sparky of SoCal should know where this is. Or should I say Sparky of ORCoast. :whistle:

I did honk and wave.

IMG_0751.JPG

·
Premium Member
2013 FJ OD Manual
309 Posts
Well, it was Saturday but I did go on my first outing with local 4x4 club. Totally new I also knew I had to jump off the diving board or I wouldn't get wet. Ended up with my first rock crawling scrapes & small dent on armor just below the skid plate.
FJ  (5).jpg
FJ  (4).jpg

·
Vendor
104 Posts

I just bought an Airstream Basecamp X and we did our first trip this past weekend to Jackson, WY. Stupid amounts of fun. Looking forward to some future trips down to Moab, Sedona, St. George, etc. We have dubbed the Basecamp the "Covid Escape Pod".

·
Registered
304 Posts
View attachment 1138612
I just bought an Airstream Basecamp X and we did our first trip this past weekend to Jackson, WY. Stupid amounts of fun. Looking forward to some future trips down to Moab, Sedona, St. George, etc. We have dubbed the Basecamp the "Covid Escape Pod".
Now THAT is a slick camper!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

·
Premium Member
12,748 Posts
To the gas station and home.

Might actually drive it to work tomorrow.

·
Vendor
104 Posts
Now THAT is a slick camper!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
These Basecamps are so cool....they are built for the backcountry and mine has a 3" lift. Airstream really designed this thing thoughtfully. And, I think it pairs quite well with the FJ! And, well, the FJ gets a little thirsty with it back there. I think I got about 10.5 miles/gallon (although it felt like 10.5 gallons to the mile!). My FJ is supercharged and on the heavy side with mods, but let's just say there were plenty of bathroom breaks on the way up!

·
Registered
162 Posts
HughesFJCruiser: Went to Pawhauska, Oklahoma to the Tallgrass Prairie Preserve. We saw several herds of hundreds of buffalo roaming free thru the prairie. A small herd were on the middle of the road and another herd of about 100 were bathing in a wateringhole just about 100 feet from the road. They sure are majestic creatures and a great joy to see out in the wild.

4061 - 4080 of 4126 Posts